Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bikerdoc5968

Aloe Something?

While visiting a local garden center, this Aloe hybrid caught my eye. I love the shade of green with rough red edging. I know there are several Aloe hybrids of similar appearance, i.e., A. 'Christmas Carol, A. 'Donnie, A. 'Raspberry Ruffles', etc. I doubt I will ever have a proper name but thought I'd give it a whirl and ask. Thanks for your input.

Howard

Comments (7)

• lzrddr
    11 years ago

There are a number of Kelly Griffin hybrids that look like that but I am not good at telling many of them apart.

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

As you surmise, Howard, & as Geoff echoes...would be hard to say, except it does look like a Kelly Griffin hybrid...somewhat like one I've seen called "unnamed" (hee hee). Sorry!

I will say it does not look like 'Christmas Carol' or 'Raspberry Ruffles', but it is close to 'Donnie'.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

'ALOE BEAUTIFUL' is what I call it. Looks like it will be a great addition to your beauties!

Mike

• elichka
    11 years ago

Howard

I got exactly the same Aloe in HD a week ago.

Inna

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

I'm glad you asked this question, Howard. I have an Aloe that looks exactly like yours and all this time I thought it was 'Christmas Carol' (that's what it was labeled and some photos online I think are mislabeled as such, probably Aloe 'Donnie'). I'm glad to have the correct name now!

Planto

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Planto~there is no correct name for this-yet! It is most likely an unnamed hybrid-that grew prolifically-so they're selling it at box stores. It does look similar to many of the hybrid Aloes.

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Rose,
    Ok, in that case I'll keep it at Aloe hybrid. ;) Thanks for the correction.

Planto