Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aloe Something?

Posted by bikerdoc5968 6 SE MI (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 11:47

While visiting a local garden center, this Aloe hybrid caught my eye. I love the shade of green with rough red edging. I know there are several Aloe hybrids of similar appearance, i.e., A. 'Christmas Carol, A. 'Donnie, A. 'Raspberry Ruffles', etc. I doubt I will ever have a proper name but thought I'd give it a whirl and ask. Thanks for your input.

Howard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aloe Something?

There are a number of Kelly Griffin hybrids that look like that but I am not good at telling many of them apart.

o

As you surmise, Howard, & as Geoff echoes...would be hard to say, except it does look like a Kelly Griffin hybrid...somewhat like one I've seen called "unnamed" (hee hee). Sorry!

I will say it does not look like 'Christmas Carol' or 'Raspberry Ruffles', but it is close to 'Donnie'.

o

'ALOE BEAUTIFUL' is what I call it. Looks like it will be a great addition to your beauties!

Mike

o

Howard

I got exactly the same Aloe in HD a week ago.

Inna

o

I'm glad you asked this question, Howard. I have an Aloe that looks exactly like yours and all this time I thought it was 'Christmas Carol' (that's what it was labeled and some photos online I think are mislabeled as such, probably Aloe 'Donnie'). I'm glad to have the correct name now!

Planto

o

Planto~there is no correct name for this-yet! It is most likely an unnamed hybrid-that grew prolifically-so they're selling it at box stores. It does look similar to many of the hybrid Aloes.

o

Rose,
Ok, in that case I'll keep it at Aloe hybrid. ;) Thanks for the correction.

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here