Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Euphorbia decaryi

Posted by birdguide North Carolina (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 11:48

This one seemed to sorely in need of repotting, so I bit the bullet and put it into this shallow pan with gritty mix. I did this on 9/27. This plant had a lot more green growth a month ago, so I'm wondering if I am killing it or it is just preparing to enter its dormant state. Any ideas and advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Euphorbia decaryi

In addition to the shock of repotting, this species has a tendency to turn "purple" from the sun. It grows as a ground cover under other shrubs. Once they turn dark, they stay that way and new growth will be green unless exposed again.

o
RE: Euphorbia decaryi

Great to know about the dark leaves. That makes me feel a bit better as this has been in direct sun for several hours day. I'm going to move it so that it will be shaded by some of the larger plants in the afternoon. Thanks so much for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here