Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
david90531

Updated Lithops yearling pot

DavidL.ca
9 years ago

After losing my favourite julii Fullergreen, I purchased a few more yearlings from Germany, including a Fullergreen retry, the guy was so nice he didn't charge me for it! So here's what the pot looks like now, with more plants and also I tweaked the soil with some chicken grit added in.

Can you find all of them? How many do you see? :P
{{gwi:640670}}

{{gwi:640671}}

{{gwi:640672}}

{{gwi:640673}}

{{gwi:640674}}

The yearlings included in this pot are:
Lithops olivacea v. olivacea
Lithops julii ssp. fulleri v. fulleri 'Fullergreen'
Lithops pseudotruncatella ssp. groendrayensis
Lithops fulviceps v. fulviceps
Lithops karasmontana ssp. karasmontana v. karasmontana "lateritia"
Lithops lesliei ssp. lesliei v. lesliei 'Albinica'
Lithops karasmontana ssp. karasmontana v. karasmontana "jacobseniana"
And
Lithops dorotheae

I hope I can raise them well and see them grow to adult sizes!

Comments (4)

• _eee
    9 years ago

David, they all look so nice and I would love to see them again after they have grown some. I have not been successful growing them myself but I keep trying. I thought I had made it through the summer just spraying them every once in a while (like I was told) and then most of them (I had 13) turned translucent so I thought that meant they wanted a drink so I watered them and they just kind of melted so now I have only 2 and once they got a drink they shot up and doubled in size so go figure.
    Dottie

• DavidL.ca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, will definitely follow up with pictures, I heard the babies react a bit differently when it comes to regeneration and watering, so I gotta be careful when taking care of them compared to my adult pot.

Did you have adult Lithops? For me I water them every 12-15 days or basically when more than half of them (I only have 5 adults) become a bit wrinkly and soft, at first there were few that didn't enjoy that, but the last watering I did they all reacted well and plumped up.

For the babies I've learned to water a bit more frequently, their roots are tiny and definitely need more moisture than the adults. I think I lost the first Fullergreen because I didn't water for the whole first week after repotting, and it simply didn't have enough moisture and just dried up and eventually shrunk to nothing

• _eee
    9 years ago

Sounds like you know what you are doing and will succeed.
    I was told by a grower that during the summer starting in June I should just mist once a week then starting in Sept. give them a drink, all of which I did and you know the results to that method although they have tons of them that do well for them using that method so I don't know the secret but I think maybe you do. Dottie

• DavidL.ca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm certainly no expert on growing these either, considering I only started having succulents this May. But I just love how unique they are, so just been reading a lot about them. And like you said, sometimes the information could be quite contrasting due to factors like growing indoor/outdoor and regions, I think you just have to find what works best for you :)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?