Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huernia kennediana

Posted by bikerdoc5968 6 SE MI (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 15:17

This is the first time this has flowered for me and I have managed to keep it alive!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huernia kennediana

mmmmmmmmmmm... nice! It looks just like the sarlacc from Return of the Jedi. Careful, Howard. If you fall in, you'll be slowly digested for 1000 years!

o

Nice! I haven't tried one of these yet...how tricky are they in our zone?

Tom

o

iPad double post syndrome...

Tom

This post was edited by tom_termine on Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 19:58

o

EXCELLENT bloom & shot of it, Howard! Congrats!! (Little tweak on the name: kennedyana)

o

Hey, Tom, my first attempt ended in failure. This time things seem to be doing much better, not sure why. I think they are like any Huernia; for me, as easy as many say they are to grow, I have had my problems. This one is growing very well and has new growth along with flowers. I got this from C & D (http://www.canddplants.com)

Rosemarie, thanks. I had a concern, myself, with the spelling and thought it was misspelled but the tag said and I just accepted it... Next time I'll trust my intellect.

Thanks for your kind comments...

o

Sweeeet! I'll have to hope it grows as vigorously for you as the H. zebrina I gave you .... then I can abscond with a cutting some day. Smiley

o

Wow, that's pretty.

I have one Stapelia Gigantea (? not sure) for year, bloomed once and once only.

This year I purchased and swapped more species. I have about 10 species now.

Happy gardening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here