Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echeveria ID again

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 17:28

DH brought home another echeveria. I know that I already have this variety but can't read the tag. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I already had it but it is much bigger then my others. It's very thoughtful but I wish he'd stop bringing these home. I'm tight for space and I just got my order from Miles' to Go that I'm trying to find the space for. Very excited about my MTG order : )
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echeveria ID again

Mighty pretty! Looks like it might be Echeveria elegans, others can confirm.

Can't you gently tell him that while you really appreciate his thoughtfulness, you are out of room for more plants (unless you pick really small ones)?

o

I decided to begin moving the plants inside. I got about a third of the just the small succulents and cactus and have used up about half the shelf space. I'm hoping he'll get the hint without my having to say anything.

I like the echeveria with all the flowers that he brought home the other day but I'd prefer that he'd just tell me what's come in that he thinks I'd like and let me decide. He knows which orchids to bring home but hasn't gotten the succulent thing down. lol

o

Hey Karyn, looks more like Echeveria imbricata to me. A ask DH to continue bringing home these beauties and I'll stop by and collect them. I don't have any room but I'll find some. Sorry the pic isn't the best but it is hard to handle a DSLR with a broken arm and long arm cast!

o

If it is E. imbricata I like the color of yours much better. I'll tell Bruce to send them to you. If I had ample space I'd love almost anything but not when I'm so tight for space. I'm trying to decide what's going to be left outside to die over the winter.

I hope you are feeling better. Did you have an ORIF or just casting?

o

Just a sugar tong for now and hoping not for the dreaded ORIF. I have an appointment later today.

I have several of these, if you want one

o

Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF) - sounds like my problem when I have to downsize the plant collection (thankfully not yet).

Hope you get right, Howard.

Karen, that's a nice plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here