Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look what followed me home today :)

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 17:31

Well the morning started out overcast and coolish so we decided to wander off down island for a drive, we stopped at a road side farm market and picked up some freshly picked corn for dinner.
On the way home the truck turned off the highway (it has a mind of it's own ya know) it decided it needed a rest and just happened to stop in the parking area of this neat little garden center, well it needed a rest poor little thing and time to digest all that gas it'd just devoured.

As I wandered aimlessly around killing time while the poor little thing got it's second breath, somehow, don't ask me how a few little pots followed me right up to the cashier so, after mulling it over for some time (two and a half seconds) I thought I'd better pay for them because if they followed me out to the truck I might get accused of trying to make off with them, right?

So a little Anacampseros lubbersii, a Echerveria 'Frosty', Fang and Lizard lips came home to live with me....and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look what followed me home today :)

Annette,
Good story and great plants.
Thanks for sharing
Sharon

o

I agree good story and great plants.I broke the head or whatever it's calledoff my fang plant the other day dragging my hose.made me soo angry!!
Kathi

o

Oh Kathi, I know just how you feel, a couple of years ago I decapitated a standard fuchsia that had taken me 4 years to make, you got it, by yanking on a hose that was stuck on something, unfortunately the yank worked:(. I just love 'Fang', he got a new pot today.

Annette

o

Beautiful plants!! And I understand the way you'll battle with a hose. I've busted limbs off things fighting with the dam. hose any number of times this summer. It's supposed to be one that will not kink up all the time, and I don't think those exist.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here