Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I find decorative pots.

Posted by TonyInVa Virginia (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 17:45

I am looking for some decorative pots on-line to put my Cacti in. I plan on putting some dish gardens together. When you purchase cactus dish gardens from retailers they usually come in a Tex-Mex type painted dish. This is what I am looking for. Anyone know where I can get some?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I find decorative pots.

I find, personally, that terra cotta pots are best suited for Cacti and succulents. At least they work the best for me. Glazed pots hold in too much water and cause root rot. I know they're pretty boring but you may be able to find some decorative ones at an online retailer. Home Depot had some cute ones as well. More of a variety than Lowe's that's for sure.

~Erin~

o

• Posted by Ron4310 6B West Kelowna BC (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 19:24

The terra cotta pots from Italy are the best. The ones from Germany are a different terra cotta and are very hard. The ones from Italy are softer and more porous and easy to drill extra holes in if you want to. Every plant I had in the ones from Germany died; the only pots I've ever had plants die in. Most of my plants are in plastic because I have my own method of telling when they need water. It's worked for me for over 60 years.

o

Hey Tony... Check out Caudex 1 this guy makes pots from what I understand and they all look like 1 in a million, Yeah that nice and plus they make your plants look nicer than they really are because they have Sooo much more character.

Check out some of his work here on the links in here and I'm sure someone else can help direct you to some of his work.

I believe he has a web site so can someone give da brother a hand please? I seen some of his work and Yeah... There very Exotic looking.

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here