got this at the .99cent store.
{{gwi:573806}}

this too

{{gwi:573809}}

crassula

{{gwi:541902}}

{{gwi:464326}}

{{gwi:464323}}

Don't know if this belongs on this post,but oh well,wanted to show you.

i no longer have this one,but it was nice while it lasted

This is in bloom right now.
{{gwi:464242}}

That's enough for now,Enjoy the view.
kathi

Comments (24)

• brewerbonsai
    9 years ago

Are those small prickly pear cactus in pictures 8 and 9 ?
    I'm in love with basically everything you have.

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Kathi absolutely GORGEOUS!!! What is the fifth pic down on the right? And number six?

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LilBit,5 and 6 are the same plant,an aeonium kiwi,6 shows it in bloom.

brewer,no they are not pricklypear.they are the paddleplant/pancake,and the other with the pink flower name escapes me now,senior moment here,but i'm sure someone will be able to tell you.
    Some of those are older pictures,after dinner i'll see about updating them.Thought i had newer ones in PB,did not.:(
    Kathi

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

I see that you have some air plants in the mix! Or am I seeing it wrong? Thanks for sharing!

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

Great bright, colorful, and interesting collection!
    I want them all!
    Karen

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

David your eyesight is fine,i have several air plants,and love them all.I have a little bit of everything,and i'm not a slave to any of them.
    Kathi

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Thanks for responding Kathi. It was that one but then the one after that too. The one with red and whit blooms. It's in pictures 6 and 7 down it's ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! What is it? Thanks again!!!theyre making me want to go shopping..........lol

• notolover
    9 years ago

Kathi:

Your plants are all beautiful--you must live in the perfect climate. I can't imagine what that would be like since I live in the high desert :-)

In addition to the good climate, it must take a lot of time and love and it shows in these pictures.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Wow!
    Those air plant blooms are incredible!

Josh

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LilBit,that's a tillandsia,aka air plant.I've had those for years,started out with just a tiny piece,they don't grow real fast,but well worth the wait.

Noto,i live in S.Cali along the coast,have a canyon behind my house,and an oceanview from the backyard and always a nice ocean breeze.I really don't spend a lot of time in any one area as i have plants of all kinds all over my yards.If you want to see more of my gardens go to the cottage garden,forum,some on the container garden and calif garden forums,and many other places like amaryllis,african violets etc.The cottage garden has the most after this forum.

As i said i'm not a slave to anything in particular,always have clippers in my pocket,and deadhead and water as needed.

A couple times a year i do a big cleanup of the gardens,when it gets cooler,can't handle being out there in the hot sun.

Thank you all for the compliments,much appreciated.
    Kathi

For those that are interested,i do share if i have enough of any plants,and all i ask for is postage.You can contact me thru my page here.

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Hi Kathi!! Just wondering........do you know what type of tillandsia is by chance? It's SOOOOOO beautiful!!!

• hijole
    9 years ago

Kathy, omg... what a wonderful collection of plants I like um all and that silver grayish one with the redish flower's what is that one?
    They all look fabulous! I actually meant to comment on this over the weekend but that was when my phone was acting crazy.

Thanks for sharing, I wish others would too.

Greg

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

Wow, Kathi, nice variety of interesting for-ms. I am in love with the donkey's tail. Makes me thirsty, reminds me of juicy grapes! Such a neat sedum.
    I have a rescued staghorn fern that is finally sporting more than one frond. One day it will, hopefully, look like yours.
    I'm a tillandsia admirer as well. I don't think 'i've ever seen such a brilliant red bract with white, before. Amazing contrast. Is it fragrant?
    I have a red flowered one, but this one in your pics is an eye-catcher. May ask you for a trade some time. ;]

Flower spikes, pink bells, lovely. And I have a similar echeveria with the center blush. SO pretty. Do you know what it's called?
    Busted pot-s! I was actually happy to find one I've never used broken in two. I immediately set it up with cuttings. Hope next year I will some nice specimens to share.
    Good show Kathi. Beautiful collection.

This post was edited by aztcqn on Wed, Sep 10, 14 at 20:24

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

Kathi, what gorgeous plants, I have to say I'm a little green with envy. I have a modest succulent collection but It lives in my greenhouse most of the year. Nothing to compare to what you have. Love, love love that tillandsia with the red and white flowers.

Annette

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

I'm an air plant enthusiast myself, in fact, I have a catalog!

Kathi your tillandsias are beautiful and all blooming :D I find them just as interesting and special as succulents. Definitely a unique bunch!

Few of my designs here, I usually don't post air plants stuff but here they are:

{{gwi:646810}}

{{gwi:646812}}

{{gwi:646814}}

{{gwi:646816}}

{{gwi:646818}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Air Plants

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    9 years ago

Love the pics!

Staghorns are so cool! My grandmother had a huge one in her front yard and a cat decided to make it her nest and have a litter of kittens in it!!! It was a memorable event in my childhood.

Love the airplants too! I want to add some to my collection but I will have to goa a few months without bringing anything home so my bf can have some time to chill out about how many plants I have! In all fairness we live in an apartment in Iowa so they all have to come in for the winter.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Great stuff, Kathi. C&S, broms, staghorn fern- its all good.
    Thanks.

tj

• Sugi_C (Las Vegas, NV)
    9 years ago

Kathi,

Gorgeous plants!!
    You have your ficus outside! NICE. It doesn't look like you have in the shade? I'm so tempted to put mine outside....

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow,thanks guys,i hadn't been back to this post for a few days.

Greg,that silver grey with red flowers is a tillandsia.

Aztcqn,I'm not sure which plant you're speaking of.I like using busted pots,use them more in the cottage gardens than the cacti and succulent.Sure we can trade sometime.

Annette,thanks,nice to see you around here again,hope things are well.

David,where did you get the catalog from?? I love tillies,so different than anything else i grow,and they thrive on neglect,which is a bonus.
    I love all of yours and the containers you have them in.Is that sand in your containers,and is that bright green artificial grass of some sort.I just use spagnum moss with mine.I'll have to take a look at your link when i finish reading the board.Have to see what i can't live without!!!

Deva,i have 4 staghorns,one of them had only one frond for a very long time,but it finally took off.

TJ ,Yuppers,if it grows and i like it,i will try to find one.I also have a cottage garden,container gardens,and in the house i grow african violets mostly with a few other indoor plants thrown in.

Sugi,I'm not sure which plant you are calling a ficus,to my knowledge i don't have any of those,unless i'm calling something the wrong name.But ficus do grow outside here in S.Cali,i did have one several years ago,but had it taken out as the roots were starting to get out of control,and i didn't want them to push up the sidewalk.

Think that answers everyones questions etc.Thanks for looking,as you can tell i love my plants,flowers etc.
    kathi

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

@Kathi I'm glad you like them! You're definitely better at growing them, I'm quite new but I love how unique their living habits are and just started playing around xD. The catalog is basically an album on imgur (an image hosting site) that I created so people can see what plants and designs I have, actually I just created a website these few days but it's still under construction! I get my containers from everywhere literally.. online, arts & crafts shops, or some garden centres have good ones too. Sand and other decor items can also be found at those places, I got some from Ikea as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Website

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OMG David,you may be new at this but you are doing an outstanding job with them.I just love all your containers,you have a very artistic eye for the combinations of tilly to container..Never thought of using some of those type containers that you used,yet others i have never seen.

This forum has such enablers on it.LOL
    Thanks for sharing.

I found this container today that i've had for years,but thought dh had thrown it away,it was buried under a large geranium,so i got it out and cleaned it up and will more than likely put some tillies in it.So glad i found it again.
    I guess you have to keep all yours inside in Canada,right.I live in S.Calif so mine are outside year round.
    Kathi

• Sugi_C (Las Vegas, NV)
    9 years ago

Hi Kathi,

Maybe I'm mistaken but that beauty in the photo below looked like a ficus to me.

Anyway, whatever it is -- it's gorgeous! :)

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sugi,
    The one i think you're referring to dark green with red on the unfolded leaves,that's my rubber tree plant.It was getting so big in the garden i had it in that i moved it outside my fence several years ago.It sits in full sun all day long.

I have the advantage of having a canyon behind my house,so anytime i get tired of something in the garden,or it outgrows it's space i just re-plant it behind the fence.

The picture doesn't do it justice,it's more burgandy colored in real life,and a dark,dark green.Then before the leaves unfurl they are red and stay that way on the underside.
    Kathi

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

Aw thanks Kathi :D. Have fun with them yourself! It's definitely fun to arrange them in different containers.
    Yes, mine are all grown indoor because a. I live in Canada so winter they'll for sure have to come in, and b. I live in an apartment without balcony so that's literally the only place they can stay... But so far they're doing okay with close to window locations and I use fan to circulate the air a bit.