Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Epiphyllum

Posted by denise 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 19:09

Hi Everyone!

A quick question. I have an Epi that's got buds. I'm really pumped as it will be my first ever Epi flowers! It's outside and I think the recent cool temps at night (in the 50's) may have triggered the blooming. However, we're supposed to have a near record low of 38 degrees! Yikes! Do I bring it in? Leave it out and cover it? I'm so afraid a move will cause the buds to abort, but I'm betting the cold could, too. Please give me some advice that (hopefully?) won't result in me remaining...

Flowerless in Epi-ville
(aka Denise in Omaha)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Epiphyllum

Denise,

I don't think that moving it in would cause it to abort, as long as the area you're moving it in to doesn't get too warm or too hot. Other than that, I got nothing.

o

Thanks, Jeff. I brought it in before it got too cold and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be enjoying flowers soon!

Denise in Omaha

o

Denise,

I hope we're right and you're posting pics of the flowering plant next week!

Speaking of getting too cold, I'm polishing the tables today and anticipate putting Les Plantes inside beginning this weekend. I'll just have a shot of El Jimador now to ease my soon-to-be aching back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here