Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deva33atlanta

Fresh pics with a few questions :-)

This is my first pic. Just a nice before and after. Didn't like it at all when I got it and wasn't sure what to do with it. I eventually decided to cut it up and plant it more vertically. Love it now! Not sure if it is captured in the pic but there is some nice dimension.

Comments (11)

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just finished watering and rearranging all my babies. :-)

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Top pics are of my newest addition. An echeveria. It had four bloom stalks on it and I just couldn't resist. Is that little bit in the top left pic another bloom stalk coming up or what? I just got it in gritty mix so I hope it just keeps growing. :-)

Bottom pics show some nice growth. The Crassula is a new addition and I'm happy to see that it has a lil rosette coming and the burros tail is just exploding since I got it outside and in some direct sun.

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Top left is a newer addition. I've been told it's called "little Debby" something or other. I've noticed that the bottom leaves are just a little sad looking and have been for weeks. It's in gritty mix and is watered appropriately. I just font understand why it isn't perking up! :(

Also, anyone got an id on the top right one?

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is the last pic that I have a question about. This guy got all etiolated so I cut the top rosette, rooted it and let the main plant do it's thing. Except it's thing is to do this. Over and over again. The new rosette will sprout it's own roots eventually and appear to be begging to get in the dirt. The rest of this stem doesn't sprout any new rosettes. Just looks like this. Any ideas to get this guy looking better?

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

The top right is string of beads (senecio rowleyanus)

• brodyjames_gw
    9 years ago

Actually, the picture LilBit is referring to is Senecio radicans aka String of Bananas.

Nancy

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Thanks Nancy!

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks y'all. That makes me giggle a little. String of bananas!

I have another question. When do y'all start bringing your plants in. It's already getting down to the 50s at night here. I was thinking of keeping them out as long as possible. I've read that they can tolerate as low as 20 degrees. So I'm thinking once it hits 25 or 30 to bring them in. Thoughts???

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

50s are OK (not ideal, but OK) for all but the most tender species/genera, but I'll be bringing mine in this month (later this month, however). There always seems to be a freak cold snap in the beginning of October that does some plants in, so I'll get out the transport tubs and the ibuprofen and commence to schlep.

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have not yet figured out which are more sensitive and which can tough it out. I'm just wanting to find the balance between the pros and cons of being outside (i.e. Direct sunlight vs cold nights)

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am still hoping for some tips on my little Debby & the echeveria if anyone has some input. Both are in Al's gritty mix & are watered every 3 days or so.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County