ellen9399

Need help to identify plants - Part 2

ellen9399
9 years ago

Here is the second collage:

Comments (5)

• spikef35
    9 years ago

They are all echeveria except maybe c and do u mind if I see ur collection i grow more cacti than succulents so id like to see it enjoy Noah

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

C is ÃÂ Pachyveria glauca 'Little Jewel', and E should be Echeveria 'Curlylocks'

B is some sort of Aeonium but I'm not sure which

• ellen9399
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Noah -- I have about 14 genuses from 4 different families. For each genus, I have 4-5 at least of each with an exception of the yucca (only got 2 of those). I've been collecting them since 2012 when we finally moved to a property that will allow me to grow more than what's in my usual veggie garden. Then this year, I started arranging in containers (which I love doing!). Here's a picture of one of them:

Almost all of my plants are still in containers -- but not for long. I just started taking pictures for a landscape project that we're doing. I'll put them together and post here. I'd love to get comments from the community on how to improve my newly discovered skills, and whether I'm doing things correctly. :-)

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

Welcome to the forum! I forgot in the last post.
    Doing GREAT on the containers! You have an eye for it, for sure.
    I'm also working on a project-front yard PIG (plant in ground). Ongoing (probably forever, but made progress this past weekend).

First, have to ask...are the leaves of plant C fuzzy? (not smooth) Or, how large are the rosettes?

A & E are both Echeveria. Both are frilly cultivars. If you didn't get them with names when you bought them, it'll just be a guessing game. You can record what they look like throughout the year & possibly get an ID, posting all its different looks~to get an ID.

B. Aeonium haworthii
    D. Graptopetalum supebum

• ellen9399
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Rosemarie...the leaves are a little chalky, if that's what you meant by 'fuzzy'. To be honest, I don't remember where I got them. All that I can recall is that it started with one, then it had a ("one") baby that I removed to be planted. That baby, is what's on the picture. Now, it has 4-5 little babies on its own but I'm keeping it in a pot like so.

And thanks...while I like all of my arrangements (big and small), I particularly like this one. Maybe because it's square -- I have a thing for square planters -- but maybe because it has the most plants in it. Oh, the way I got the pot was also exciting -- I drove almost half an hour to South San Jose just to pick it up from a seller on craigslist. It was 1/3 of what they sell at the store.

Sponsored
VA Exteriors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Family Owned & Operated Exterior Construction Experts