Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Need to get rid of my plants..Anyone?

meyermike_1micha
9 years ago

Yup, except for a few gifted plants and my plants from Germany and across broad, I would like to share my plants with members here..

All you have to do is pay shipping and I will mail them to you...I am not sure of how to do this? I'm not even sure if this is appropriate here? But it needs to be done fast. I wish I knew members that lived close by.

Any ideas?

Mike

Comments (38)

• brewerbonsai
    9 years ago

what plants are you offering? I'd be interested in any kind of barrel cactus or a tall columnar if you've got them.

• notolover
    9 years ago

That is so sad! How about Craigs List? The trouble is that you probably don't want people coming to your house. Is there a Garden Club in your area?

If you have any Echinopsis hybrids, I'm in. That's all I'm seeking right now.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ill be taking a pic of what I have...Probably as soon as possible so everyone knows what I have....

No garden clubs..Are you kidding? Nothing about these parts but a Cactus and Succulent club and I have no time to go or drive the distance.

I'll be back with pics of what I have)

MIke

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    9 years ago

I'd love to have some of your variegated or sunset jades.

What's going on that you have to get rid of them?

• dhd47
    9 years ago

I'm not sure where you are but I'm sure with my luck it's not near me. I would be interested but I'm not looking for anything inperticuler.

Dave

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Hi Mike I'm sorry you have to get rid of some of your plants! :( I live in michigan also, I might be able to take a couple off your hands. But quite honestly, from what I've seen posted here, you take EXCELLENT care of your plants. I would be SOOO upset if they declined in my care whatsoever! Hope something happens to where you can keep them ALL!! But if you still need to, I'm sure I can fit a few more for winter. Good luck!
    -Christy

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Hey, Mike!
    I'm sure you're just slimming down your collection so you can focus on certain plants.

Josh

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    9 years ago

Hate to hear that Mike, you had such great plants. Always loved the ones from Germany. Hope it's because of the nasty winters we have been having.
    I always have room
    Sharon

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hell all and some of my good friends!

The response was over whelming and this has already reached it's peak...My e-mail was FULL!

So I will post pics here as soon as I get a minute and then you can secretly tell me what one you want and I will see what I can do for each..
    My mom has been to sick and taken my time up..Then I never see them grow outside because they are hidden behind my home{{gwi:807}} in the only good sunny spot, then I have to shove them into the basement..Not fun or enjoyable if you can never have them out in public to watch and show off..

I may even think about splitting a few rare ones and I do know I owe one or two good people here..I'll be back

MIke

P.s..One the rare ones, I do know I owe Rob, Stush, Sharon, and my wonderful buddy Josh and Chris..Lol.. I thi nk a couple more.
    Please e-mail me your addresses ok?

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Mon, Sep 15, 14 at 12:28

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    9 years ago

I would love a hummels sunset jade! I am in Iowa and the variety of succulents here is dismal at best! Even just a small cutting would make me soooo happy!!!

I would also like to add some new stapellas to my collection.

With that being said... although I do not have the biggest collection (maybe 20 or so) I would always be happy to send anyone a cutting from my plants. Especially come spring.

This post was edited by Deva33 on Mon, Sep 15, 14 at 14:00

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

Hope everything is okay with you, that you need to get rid of your plants.

• chuy415
    9 years ago

you're so sweet!! if by any chance there is anything left... i'd love to have anything- not picky... again.. only if there's anything left.. you've had lots of responses so I understand :)

Chuy

• dogg1967
    9 years ago

Mike...
    I'm all the way up in the northern wilds of Canada, so no plants for me. I just wanted you to know I've always enjoyed your posts and many pics of simply superb specimens. I'm saddened by the fact you need to jettison some of your "babies" and I also wanted to wish you well in taking care of your mother.
    Just a few good thoughts headed your way from this Canadian lurker...

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Greetings Highest hopes & lots of closet prayers for your mom.

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Hey Mike....

I have been offline for a while, lost my internet, but now I am back.

So what happened? Why are you giving away a good deal of your plants? Send me an email.

Christopher

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    9 years ago

Mike,
    Sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she recovers. I'll send an email in the next day or so.

Rob

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ill be taking a pic of what I have...Probably as soon as possible so everyone knows what I have....

No garden clubs..Are you kidding? Nothing about these parts but a Cactus and Succulent club and I have no time to go or drive the distance.

I'll be back with pics of what I have)

MIke

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Mike,
    I know what your going thru. My health was in the pits most of this year and was not able to take care of all my plants. Now winter coming. Started to take in and I just purchased so many more. Why???? I'll email you about how to go about sending out plants.
    Stush

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just wanted to thank you all fro the kind words or encouragemnet and care..

My mother is home now, and that I can take care of. I do hope she does not have to go through what she did again.

It's the cost of electricty and heating that driving me out of buisness per say. I no longer want to use lights in the basement where they reside and I never get to enjoy them until I have to water..What's the point in having them if they are out of sight and mind outside and in the basement? I have too many to fit on a sunny window sill so I will only have a selct few that I can look at all the time in my widows, if that makes sense.
    It has to come down to keeping the lights on 24/7 or keeping the heat on in my greenhouse and 3 seasons porch...I chose the later.

Besides, caring for my mom is priority these days too.

I have not got access to my e-mail as much as I would like here at work, but I promise to get to every one of them a ssoon as I can. When I get home I am so tired and I work from 5 in the morning until 8 at night...But I do have Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays off and this time it won't be at the hospital)

Stush, Chris, Josh, Sharon, Rob, Nomen, Dogg how nice), Hoovb, Deva, Chuy,Christy, Dave, Brewer, and Notolover, thank you so much..
    I promise I will get back to all your mail)

I will also post pics here very soon and then you can all tell me which ones you want, that is the ones that e-mailed me. I will do my best fairly)

Again, you are a great bunch of people here, always have been...I am glad to know you all and have also been a recipient of many here. I owe a few.

MIke

• kuroc
    9 years ago

I hope your mothers health improves.

• notolover
    9 years ago

I'm so glad that your Mom is doing better. Of course she is your priority and you are brave to come to the decision to share your plants....I'm sure they will all find good homes.

And I can see your point. You have to take care of the plants with all the expense, but it is more of a spendy chore than an enjoyable endeavor. Kind of like feeding a horse you never ride :-)

Hope your Mom continues to improve and good luck with getting your plants out.

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Glad to hear your mother is home / no rush and best of luck... ;)

Chuy

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Mike ...

Thinking of you and your mom

I totally understand where you are coming from ���"

Xoxo

Please send huge hugs to Sissy And you. !

Sending prayers to you both!!

Laura

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Your very welcome

9 years ago

Hey, Mike!
    Since you have tomorrow off, I will call you after work - let's say around 6:45 to 7:00 your time.

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Josh, i waited and nothing((

Laura, we love you too, that you know..Thank you from all of us and Mom sends you a hug..She is getting better thank Goodness..

Kuroc, thank you, really appreciate that...

Chuy, did you ever send me an e-mail?

I just wanted to say thank again and that I have gotten back to everyone but Howard which I plan too. It's been hard for me to get to my e-mail, but tomorrow I should be able to. Chris, I will write you tomorrow when I have use of my other computer)

Mike

• camellia1_gw
    9 years ago

Glad to hear your mom is doing better and sad to hear that you are having to scale down your collection or give them up.

I always enjoyed your pictures, especially the jades. They helped me during a time that was not so great for me. I started focusing on my plants and started collecting jades. I wondered what happened to you this growing season.

I'm sure your plants will find a nice home if that is the route you have to go but maybe something can be worked out.

Keeping your mom in my prayers!

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    9 years ago

Mike,
    I sent you an email this morning. Let me know if you got it.

Hope all is well.

Rob

• oks2n2_Siberia1
    9 years ago

Mike,
    a speedy recovery to your mom!

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Mike,

I hope you keep good pictures of all of them, for yourself.
    Good luck.

Mary E.

9 years ago

Sorry, Mike!
    I expected to have some time after work....
    we'll chat soon.

Josh

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    9 years ago

Mike, hope things are improving all round, sorry to read you are letting some of your plants go, they are fantastic..the jades especially. You have already spread them far and wide with your generosity. I recall you from the plumeria forum a few years ago when I was there.
    Take care,
    Gill UK

• volcanonerd
    9 years ago

I am interested in your plants. I dont know what plants you have left, but I am not picky.

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

On behalf of the Mass C&S Sociaty, Thank you for your succulent plant(s) contributions.

• puglvr1
    9 years ago

Hi Mike..I just now saw this post...I'm so VERY sorry...I really hope your Mom and you are doing better...my thoughts are with you both!

Please take care and good luck with everything!!

Big hug to your Mom!!

• americangolden
    9 years ago

Just saw this post. Hope everything is going better Mike. I hope all of your plants get good homes and you have always been a great help to me and I learned a lot of great info from you. Wish you the best for you and your mom. Take care!

• James _J
    9 years ago

Hey Mike,

I've noticed in your posts lately that you have seemed kind of down and I understand why. Just don't forget to take care of yourself along the way. You have helped and inspired so many people here and we are all pulling for you.

When I needed to get rid of some plants I posted them for free on a local message board. I found that I enjoyed meeting and talking to the people that came by to pick them up, which made it less painful.

Good luck

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Hi Mike, thinking of you and your mother. Hoping everything is going well for you.
    Yes- I emailed you on September 15th. I didn't want to bug you knowing you were busy and all. ;)
    Should I email you again? ;-)

Chuy