Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fungal infection attacks Aloe trichosantha

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 21:15

I found identical soft leaves on the identical same spot on identical twin aloes this afternoon. I cut the leaves off, dusted them with cinnamon, Removed them from the freshly watered dirt. Tomorrow I will spray them with copper. I will plant them in a couple of days and spray the roots with the copper also

Does this sound like a good program. I did the mistake of increasing watering in the small pots to twice a week on some of the aloes to increase the rate of growth. Some just were no growing very fast. It has been pretty hot. I guess that was not a good idea for some things. My Aloe microstigma was also slow in growing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fungal infection attacks Aloe trichosantha

I have not had this sort of problem with either of these species, no mater how much I water them... but not grown either in that low a USDA zone (I live in one that low now, but don't have any aloes anymore). I know some aloes are prone to rot if you water their crowns, so I would avoid doing so in your climate... just water the soil (be sure super well draining) and you should have no more problems. cut off all bad tissue (I use Daconil then) and you should be OK. Be sure these plants are in full sun (both are full sun species).

o
RE: Fungal infection attacks Aloe trichosantha

Thank you . I usually use draconil, but I am either out of it or I just can't find it but I did grab some copper fungicide when cleaning out my in laws house.

I will move their little pots out into more sunlight. The sun is actually doing that by itself as it gets lower. I am always apprehensive about putting tiny pots out in the Texas Summer sun. 105 at times this week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here