Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
notolover

"Do not forsake me, oh my darling....."

notolover
9 years ago

Came home from 12 hours of OT last night to this!!!! It's Schick "High Noon". If you're old, you'll make the subject connection

First time bloom; the contrasting yellow and terra cotta stamens are amazing. It is a 5 1/2" bloom.

I was very tired, but seeing this really cheered me up.

This post was edited by notolover on Mon, Sep 8, 14 at 21:50

Comments (12)

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    9 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Mind if I use the pic for my next pastel piece?

• notolover
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No, I don't mind at all; thank you for considering it!

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    9 years ago

Very lovely and you don't have to be THAT OLD to understand the association or the lyrics, for that matter!!!!! But for those who are too young, the lyrics are "The Ballard of High Noon" written by Dimitri Tiomkin, lyrics by Ted Washington. It was performed in the movie, "High Noon" by Tex Ritter.

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

OMG that is Beautiful,what an unusual color.I love it!!! Tfs
    kathi

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

What a gorgeous color with the blushed edges! This would definitely cheer me up. May be in my next Huntington orderâ¦..if I can make room.....and if I figure out how to keep them from dropping their buds. :[
    Maybe next year I can enjoy flowers all the way to September.
    I remember the movie with Gary Cooper. Thanks for the details bikerdoc.

• paul_
    9 years ago

Awesome orange!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

I'm not usually an orange fan, but that is a great combination of shades.

Thanks.

tj

• notolover
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone,

It's going to be in the 90s for the next few days and then start cooling down. The flowering is winding down, so I probably won't be subjecting you to any pictures for a while.

Just placed my last order for the year (unless something on my wish list pops up on Ebay. :-)

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

Oooh! Whatcha ordering?

• notolover
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, my recent acquisitions include some little unnamed hybrids; Schick's: "Crepe Crusader" and "Don Juan"; A Mexican Hat hybrid "Harvest Moon"; Paramount "Atomic" and "Terra Cotta and a German hybrid "Rosy Star".

I think you mentioned that you don't have any more room for hybrids, But for future reference, I got many of these from Gb Cactus. Gary sell plants on Ebay and from his site. The plants are very healthy. He even has his own hybrids. I've put a link to his site below. But check with me first in case I have any pups available.

And today I ordered from Huntington: "Arabesque", "Bridgette's Beauty", "Gossamer", "Frolic", "Mirage", and "Samantha Smith" (this will be my 3rd or 4th try with Samantha).

Good thing all of these will be small--and now my wish list has definitely gotten smaller :-) I'll be okay through the holidays and early winter and then the bug will bite again when visions of gorgeous flowers haunt me.

And next month I'll have to cram all of these into the sunroom and hope I can keep them dormant or happy until April. You are so lucky you don't have to move your plants!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gb Cactus

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

" I'll be okay through the holidays and early winter and then the bug will bite again when visions of gorgeous flowers haunt me." - Secret - The bug is embedded. As long as you can get even one to bloom, it will never go away. I have all you've mentioned except for Frolic and Mirage. Guess, I lied about the room in a way, meant that no room in my head to run around and check each of the hundreds of all kindsa plants in the garden. ......and now I've delved into the world of adeniums...uh oh....the Thai hybrids are the hook, here.

When my babies grow up, I would love to trade. ATM, all stingy on flowers and pups.