Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilbit7777

A few IDS please :)

LilBit7765
9 years ago

Just like to know what they are for sure and and special care instructions any or all have. Thanks!! #1

Comments (22)

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

#2 (I'm thinking crassula buttons?) am I COMPLETELY wrong?

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

#3 echeveria? Something something?

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

#4 another echeveria something something?

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

#1 is kind of hard to tell but looks like a Haworthia seedling of some sort... more pics maybe?

#2 is most definitely Crassula perforata "string of buttons"

#3 and 4 are both Echies for sure, but I'm not good with ID them. Love the 2nd one though!

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Dave!! Here's some more pics! I sure hope you can ID it for me! I'm kinda hoping it's what I've heard called an ox tounge? I think that's what I saw that I liked and this looked like a baby form of it to me but I could be CONPLETELY OFF! Lol thanks for your help! :)

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

AND........this baby is having a baby!!! Lol

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

Ah okay from this I can say that it's a Gasteria, but not sure which variation. I don't own any of these so I'm not very acquainted to them. Seen them a few times at nurseries but always backed off when I think of the space I have left x.X

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Is this enough pics? And different angles of it? Or you need more?

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Are they hard to take care of? David!! You could get these!! They are SOOOO CUTE!!! And VERY tiny!!! I can't believe two of them have pups already!! One doesn't (the biggest one outta the bunch) I actually think I took the first pic of the BIG one who is still VERY tiny! They're like 1 3/4" thanks for your help!!! (And remember........there's ALWAYS room for ONE MORE LOL) though HONESTLY, I do know what you mean. I just happen to be fortunate enough to live in an AFRAME with floor to ceiling windows. (Which I am moving) :( sad I'm losing ghe AFRAME windows but the new house has HUGE bay windows ALL AROUND it. Do I know there's gotta be a few good ones with great light. Thanks again! :)

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

I think they're shade plants and similar to Haworthias, so growing indoor is quite perfect actually. I think they tolerate a bit more sun than Haws, but not full sun all day long, for example.

Wow, sounds like a dream house for me! Lol.. Once I move out of this apartment things should be easier

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good luck David! I know you'll LOVE getting into a house! We were going to buy this one but THANK GOD WE DIDNT!!! We had an inspector come out and (this is a log home) the logs were NEVER CHINKED! The guy used PARTICAL BOARD in the kitchen (for the walls where the cabinets are) the electrical has to be redone. The list goes ON AND ON!!! Last winter the wood burner went out and I woke up to 43 degrees in the house!! I CANT WAIT to move!!! They inspector said it was going to be atleast $60,000 to get this house up to code ang get it CHINKED and fix the kitchen walls etc. the other house is PERFECT. It's natural gas so I won't have to pay an arm and a leg to heat with propane and wood anymore. Plus it's not as big. I always thought I wanted a big house till I got here! Lol all it is, is WAY more to clean. I don't want to EVER HAVE TO MOVE AGAIN!! Lol so I can honestly say I know I won't have a problem in my sixties taken care of it because now I won't have to cut anymore trees down just to stay warm in the winter!! Thanks for your help and I hope you get YOUR DREAM HOME SOON!! :)

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks spapa! I appreciate it!!

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

I agree with David about those 2 being Gasterias,and i don't know which ones either.I have a couple of them.String of buttons is right on also,i have that one and one that is different from yours that is coming into bloom now,with pink flowers.

I have several echeverrias as well and i can't keep their names straight either.Yours all look nice and healthy.
    Kathi

• LilBit7765
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Kathi! I appreciate it!!!

• Shannon Brianna
    6 years ago

#3 is some sort of ruffled Echeveria

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    6 years ago

Shannon

Not sure if you noticed - that post is from 2014...

• Shannon Brianna
    6 years ago

No I didn't, not sure why it matters? Just trying to offer help to unanswered IDs.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

No, it doesn't matter much...if ID was given, it may help someone else reading your post...have not seen LilBit around for a while (hoping things are OK and is just busy with new house :)...and others suggested that it is frilly/ruffled echeveria. It has clearly frilled-ruffled leaves... No one suggested exactly which one - so no ID so far...

• Shannon Brianna
    6 years ago

Must have missed the comment suggesting a frilly, my apologies.

• User
    6 years ago

I think #4 might be e. gibbiflora 'Blue Curls', but as Rina said the post is from 2014.

• Shannon Brianna
    6 years ago

Once again didn't notice, sorry for bumping it up in the recent activity