Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Chuy-- Mission stapelia :)

Posted by julianna 7bAR (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 1:00

Hi Chuy! OK, so in my photo lineup, I had this between the wine making vats and the sea of senecio against the wall on the side garden with the vats and the arbor where the vegetables and hollyhocks are (and that one small back fountain).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Chuy-- Mission stapelia :)

Oh my goodness!! Gorgeous pic! Thank you so much. It's been a while since I've been inside. Love the garden and variety of plants they have, along with the koi fish ;-). Thanks again

Chuy

o

I know! When I was there in January, they were still remodeling that new entrance area. What I was disappointed about was they used to sell hollyhock seeds in the gift shop and it seems they really cut back on growing them and no longer sell them.

Well, if you figure out its name, can you let me know? I would really appreciate it!

o

I have not been to Mission San Juan Capistrano (saw name in other stapelia post), but these look like Stapelia gigantea. If the folks there don't know, you'll need blooms to ID it.

o

Rosemarie-- That is what I figured it was, but without blooms or a response I didn't want to jump to that conclusion. It's quite a large patch.

They've really been working on their gardens there. They look awesome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here