Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodnative

Anyone growing Ledebouria variegated or String of Pearls Variegat

woodnative
14 years ago

I had both of these in the past. The variegated String of Pearls I had for years, they grew well and I shared cuttings. I lost them during a move 10 years ago, however. They were fairly easy and interesting.

The Lebebouria I had gotten as a small plant in trade. I love this variegated form of this interesting plant. It started to recoever and grow, but was overwatered when I went on vacation and rotted.

I would love to get both of these again, but have not seen them. Does anyone grow these. I maybe would like to trade you if I have something you are interested in. I don't have a greenhouse and grow all my plants in a my office or at home in temperate NJ. However, I do have some nice and unusual Sansevieria varieties, some Sarracenia (American Pitcher Plants), some unusual Philodendron, Monsteras, native plant seed, streaked Hosta seed etc.

Comments (9)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    14 years ago

WN,

This posting might be best placed at the Exchange portion of this Forum.

• bluebonsai101
    14 years ago

I've seen variegated Drimiopsis offered many times, but not variegated Ledebouria......what species was it and do you have any pics of the plant? Best of luck finding it :o) Dan

• woodnative
    Original Author
    14 years ago

cactusmharris. Thank you. I realize that is probably more appropriate. However, since I don't frequent this forum, I was not sure how active the exchange part was here.
    Bluebonsai- Is String of Pearls Drimiopsis now, now Senecio? I have to look it up. The Lebebouria was a variegated form of the most common one, formerly Scilla violacea. Beautiful little plant! -Chris

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

Chris if it wasn't posted here, I would never have seen your request. I don't go looking for exchanges. I very seldom exchange anything. Thank you for posting here. Norma

• meyermike_1micha
    14 years ago

Chris,

I would love to see a pic of some of the plants you are talking about, especially the Sansevieria varieties and Philodendrons. I could always have room for these in all the places I have room for, no HIGH sun plants.

Please, e-mail some pic. I would even buy a couple from you..

Always looking for the unusal to add to my unusuals..lol

Mike..:-)

• emerald1951
    14 years ago

Hi..yes could you post pictures, I think I might have one of the ones you are looking for(ledebouria) I will try and post a picture of mine tomorrow...linda

• nodakgal
    14 years ago

I have Silver Squill like this if its what you're looking for I'd be glad to send you some. My pot is overflowing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silver Squill I have

• woodnative
    Original Author
    14 years ago

meyermike and emerald1951-
    I will try to get photos tomorrow (Monday) and post sometime during the day. Please check back later on Monday. nodakgal, I appreciate your offer, but what I am looking for is the variegated form of your plant....it has extra, random stripes of white along the leaf. Thank you!

• woodnative
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK, a couple photos of possible plants. A golden-variegated Monstera, A beautiful upright Sarracenia moorei hybrid, a variegated Aloe nobilis, a fantastic Sansevieria 'Morgenstern's Futura Aurea' which is the same as 'Asahi'. I also have Sansevieria 'Jade Dwarf Marginated', Sanseverieria kirkii kirkii (at right), Philodendron 'Pink Princess', the "bluish" Phildodendron (P. glaucaphyllum but that name is not valid any more). I may have a better Blue Philo then the one pictured. I also have possibly some other Sarracenia,Sanseveiras, Aloe saponaria variegate pups, Aloe "Quicksilver (?)" pup, other Sansevieria. There is a small, two-leaf Philo. giganteum variegated there but that has not done too well for me.
    Would really like that variegaed Ledebouria! Photo?
    {{gwi:663608}}