Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenjay_gw

Christmas/Thanksgiving Cactus Blooming Question

greenjay
11 years ago

Normally I kill these guys...I do not know why ....I can grow and bloom QUITE a bit...but long term care of these guys just seems to elude me haha...and as such, I generally run the other way when I see them offered for sale....BUT....every once in a while i get a moment of whimsy , I suppose, which was the case a few months back when I came across this guy all alone and in a corner of one of my favorite greenhouses to shop at.....I had it on my front porch , where it's basically been ignored, except for watering it once about 2 weeks ago....I'm in the Bflo , NY area, and it's been in the 50's and even the the 40's a once or twice at night....I've been pondering bringing it in, before we get any frost and this morning I notice buds are forming......if I bring it in now, will the buds drop ? I know that it's going to have to come in soon to save the plant ( from the weather, not myself ) I am hoping to break with tradition and actually keep this one alive....I'm just wondering if I'm going to loose the buds by bringing it in or what ...? Any advice ?

{{gwi:664584}}

{{gwi:664585}}

{{gwi:664586}}

ANY advice will be deeply appreciated.....

Many Thanks !

Jay

Comments (3)