Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lophophora williamsii - seeds for free

Posted by spanishfly_cactusman Cosat Blanca, Spain (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 07 at 11:19

I still have plenty of Lophophora williamsii seed, which I am happy to give for free to anyone who wants to grow this fascinating and endangered species. I will post to any country, I only ask that you pay my postage costs from sunny Spain. Email me if you are interested.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lophophora williamsii - seeds for free

I could be mistaken but I think you may have to be a member of the Native American Church to legally possess this plant in the USA. We are talking peyote, right?
Mike

o

I'm not seeing an e-mail link on your page.

o

Possibly so, reiver, but like 94% of the worlds population, I dont live in the USA. But I am happy posting seeds of this beautiful and endangered species to ANY country for anyone who wants.

o

Hi, I hope it's not too late for me to ask but can you still send me some seeds? please email me at jolly_rancherscream@hotmail.com if you still have seeds.

o

I believe Reiver is correct (for any one who's interested & may not know), that it is not legal in the US to have these unless one is a Native American.

Further, bringing into this country is likely to be considered even more illegal. Just pls. be forewarned.

o

This years crop of seeds is arriving now.

o

I would love some seeds!! :)

o

isn't that crazy? It's illegal to bring a plant native and indigenous to this country, in to this country... Because it contains alkaloids that are capable of altering your mind if you EAT your cactus that you've spent so much time nurturing and growing! The Really silly thing is that it's not the only cactus that contains alkaloids, but it's the only one that is illegal.

Land of the Free? hmmmm

o

• Posted by mark4321 9b CA Sunset 15/16 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 20:24

In practice will they prosecute someone for just possessing a few seeds, or just warn them with a slap on the wrist (and a reminder to stick to San Pedro cactus)?

I understand that there is a blanket prohibition of all cultivars of Papaver somniferum (opium poppy). However they don't enforce it against all the millions who grow the plants for their ornamental value or for their seeds (used for poppyseed bagels as just one example). And it's "assumed" that these have a low concentration of opiates, but nobody checks.

o

Here in Spain L. williamsii is totally legal.
I will post the seeds to any country, I do nothing wrong there.
But to the US I deliberately MISlabel the seeds to protect the recipients of my seeds.

o

i would love some seeds. please email me at jordanjnsn@gmail.com.
Thank You!

o

no idea Mark, but I'm sure with a bit of research, you could find out. But, as long as the seeds are labled as something else, how would they know? It's not like they have some Cactus Seed Expert on staff at the US Customs office that can ID the seeds :-)

But speaking of the San Pedro... Do you use them? For Tea? Eating? I'm just curious.

o

I'm a bit surprised by the laws in regards to this too. No, eating your cactus for hallucinogenic purposes ISN'T really a good idea, but on the other hand, there are plenty of highly toxic and potentially lethal plants that are entirely legal to own.

o

paulzie32,

Nope, I've never used them and don't even know exactly what they look like. My comment was just meant to point out that the laws are not consistent.

I have to say, though, that I'd rather have the government crack down on some of the fraudulent medical practices that claim to be "alternative" or "holistic" medicine than to chase after people growing a native plant.

o

i would LOVE some loph. seeds!!! i just love the way they are thornless and slow growing.... my email is Jesus_walker777@yahoo.com

o

I'd love some too! My e-mail svetlana326@yahoo.ca

o

i'd love some too my email is chikkie_chica_04@hotmail.com

o

I would also greatly appreciate some seeds as well as your personal best growing conditions since you obviously have more knowledge than I on this issue.

NickerMcPot@Gmail.com is the best way to reach me and get my address :) Thank you very much for this opportunity.

o

Hi cactusman,

Do you have any seeds left? I would love the opportunity to grow this! I am in the UK, this is my email - noelvisbeatlesortherollingstonesin1977@hotmail.com
T hanks!

o

Concerning the chances of being prosecuted, the DEA is driven by Republican politicians drawn from the Religious Right, and anyone is vulnerable to prosection since these people have no sense of proportion, being true idealogues. What's even more ironic is that I understand cultivated L. williamsonii does not develop the concentrated mescaline of field-grown plants, but drug enforcement politicians and police are not known for making subtle distinctions. Hi, Pirate Karen, long time, no see. I used to post here as "naturalist."

o

I would definitely like to add a few Lophophora williamsii to my cactus collection. Do you have any seeds left? Thanks!

o

Hi, my email is skisoccerlive@aol.com, and I would be interested in some seeds if you have any left.

o

I'd like to get a couple of seeds too. My email is Gmrpr7@aol.com. About how long would it take to grow this cacti out? I heard it takes like 2 years. Is that correct?

o

Hi my friend I´m not sure you still have seeds after so many posts... It´s not easy to transfer small amounts of money to pay for postage, but I could do it via paypal. Or if you are interested I can send you seeds of beautiful and rare Brazilian cacti I have here in exchange... if you are interested write to me vcassio@gmail.com, and I`ll send you a list of the seeds I have

o

Hopefully you still have some seeds left, and if you do, I would definitely like some. How much would postage be to send those seeds to california? If you have any seeds, email me at ariza0513@yahoo.com

o

If I have not stumbled upon this post too late, I should love to receive an email regarding this. I'm a beginner with a fascination for this amazing species, please email me at benshefchikmusic@hotmail.com if you've any seeds left. Thank you.

o

hi, if you still have seeds available, i would like some, i am just getting my cactus indoor garden started

o

yes, i would love to have some of these seeds also my email is
williams3965@bellsouth.net
plmk

o

Well, if it's not too late, I would also like to get some seeds. You can email me at knuckle_rider40@hotmail.com I could also trade some agave americana pups if you would like. Thanks, Timm .................

o

Sign me up! I'd love to help propagate the species. my.clist.alias@gmail.com

o

Hi i know the offer is really old but i was still wondering if it was still good...Email sbc05b@acu.edu

o

count me in. my email is redwoodcurtainmusic@yahoo.com

o

Hi I'm hopeing you still have seeds and I would pay more then the postage costs if it's not to much to ask e mail me at bradprato@yahoo.com

o

THE GUY FROM SPAIN WITH THE SEEDS IS A CROOK ANS WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOT SEND SEEDS THATS WHAT HE DID TO ME JUST A HEADS UP

o

Pls. take you cap locks off, you needn't scream.

o

Hi, I still have a Brooklyn Bridge for sale, just pay shipping and handling.

o

FWIW,

He has sent me seeds, and they are growing...

Sage

o

YES!! I would LOVE a bunch of seeds. please email me.
peace, P-Man

o

Please include me in this wonderful offer. prophaetwo@gmail.com

o

I also would like some seeds if possible
let me know what postage is iam in the desert
this would work out great. e-mail me please
dn2pnt@yahoo.com

o

Greetings from the USA to Alicante.

I would also love some seeds from the Costa Blanca. My email address is josch799@yahoo.com.

o

Anyone else receive or not receive these seeds? Thanks.

o

If you have any seeds I would love some. Didn't know if it's to late.

Email: jinjerbread1@yahoo.com

thanks

o

if you have any seeds left i would love some

willtyson14@aol.com

o

i hope its not to late... my email: nazza66@hotmail.com please email me in anyway! tnx!

o

• Posted by reyk Missoula, MT (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 20:27

I would be honored to adopt some LW seeds or live specimens. Please let me know.

Thanks,
ChristopherVerger@gmail.com

o

i live in wisconsin and am doing some research i lived in new mexico for about 2 years and had some native friends and their parents who practiced. i would like to grow my own please help.. email brian at lucky_camo21@yahoo.com

o

The guy is a scammer, inflated S/H and a load of horse hooey. Just another overseas joker.

o

Please, please, no more requests for seeds - if it's too good to be true it often is, and in this case.....

o

Any seeds still available? Please email me lucaslucas1@msn.com

o

It is not legal to grow or possess this cactus in the United States. That's too bad, too, because it's a very cool-looking plant.

o

this is a good forum.1st its legal to posess lophophora diffusa so how is customs going to know the diffrence.2nd it takes 7-12 lophos 20 years old to make 1 dose.so why would you kill all those beautifull plants when theres alternatives.well if you cut the head and leave the root they will grow several pups from the original root.as far as tricherous goes ive found the best altenative to choppin up my lophos to be tricherous bridgesii.and if you can get them the cristate's are much more powerfull because of the increased surface area.anyone up for tea?

o

well,.. if there is anyone is this country that has a pup, seed, cup of tea, or what not,.. Id love some!
Thanks, Christina

o

This guy is a scamer. He asks for $10 for the seeds then never sends them. STAY AWAY!

o

I, i live in Brazil. I would like to receive some seeds as a donation. My e-mail is guilherme_eletrica(at)yahoo.com.br

o

Please include me in this wonderful offer. ytnoffice@hanmail.net

o

I would love the opportunity to grow these sacred cacti. Please contact me at carnival6sic6@hotmail.com. Thanks.

o

I would love some seeds, if you have some to spare, thanks ! :)
This is my e-mail: blackfelixloco@gmail.com

o

I am very interested in some seeds if you still have some. please email me anhelsayshello@aol.com

o

I am very interested in some seeds if you still have some. please email me anhelsayshello@aol.com

o

It seems I could start a circus, because by all appearances suckers are born all too often.

For folks in the US - there's no need to do this, as it's illegal and at the very least you bring unwanted attention to yourself. Don't look for these on the internet and if you do, be very wary - there are many hucksters, and it's a very crowded field.

o

If you have any seeds left please email me ran89count@gmail.com thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

o

You're beating a dead horse. Please read the previous comments and don't be a sucka.

o

These are legal in Canada. Check the government site.
Mescaline (3,4,5 trimethoxybenzeneethanamine) and any salt thereof, but not peyote (lophophora)

o

If someone really wanted this plant to grow it just to grow it trust me there are many places it can be found right here in the US. If your crafty and know what your looking for its as easy as buying a Jade plant. They are slow so make sure your in for years of dedication

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here