Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Give me a piece of that pumpkin pie

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 12:00

In honour of the first Thanksgiving on the North American calendar, I've serving up a home slice.

Photobucket

And these detached leaves will become the responsible Kalanchoe orgyalis plants of tomorrow. Those indentations are from one of the cats, but they don't negatively affect the ability of the leaf to offset.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Give me a piece of that pumpkin pie

Hey Jeff! errr . . . . looks like a kitty might have used the pot in the 2nd photo for his, um, alternate litter box . . . or is that a rock?

Just thought I'd wake things up a bit.

o

by the way, nice plants!

o

Miss Sherry,

Thanks for taking an interest - that pot in question is woefully under-top-dressed, and I thank you for pointing out a possible feline contribution to the dearth of it. It turns out, however, that it's not a kittie tootsie roll but a pedestrian rock.

Those two kittie-modified leaves will be the new crop - it this a plant you have, btw? If not,I'm thinking that, due to your visual acuity and sublime taste in Kalanchoes, you should have one. I'm going to try a different approach with one of the leaves, with the other leaf traditionally grown (Druid blessing inclusive), so I shall send you the largest pup next year if you need one. You'll probably get a somewhat <2m variegated Agave too, just to round geographical things out. Whaddya say?

Photobucket

o

well Jeff, thanks for your generosity! I Dont have that plant. I would love an agave, too.
Do I email my addy to you? Send money for postage?
Let me know, and thank you for the offer!
(p.s., glad it was just a rock)

o

Yes, please email me, but I won't be able to send your plants until I'm in the States next year. If you can donate the postage cost to the SPCA that would be fine.

I'll send you a cutting from the plant and one of the Agave 'Cornelius' pups.
\ Speaking of which, there's a lady on Vancouver Island I'm late in mailing plants to - tardy Jeff at your service.

o

thank you Jeff, that would be great!

o

Jeff

Is this same as yours - K. orgyalis? It was in full sun whole summer long, but only top leaves have that copper color.
Thnx.

Rina

o

Home Slice, that was delicious. Thank you.

o

Hi Rina,

Yes, it is. I suspect older plants get more coppery-coloured than young ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here