Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caligrown

A introduction with pictures

caligrown
10 years ago

Hey all,

My name is Patrick. I am a 22 year old college student(bio major) For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated by plants and animals. I started keeping plants when I was 5. I have kept everything from aquatics to xeric plants and a variety of things in-between. One of my friends grandmas introduced me to succulents about 4 years ago and all hell broke lose. my favorite plants are Aloe hybrids, Agaves, and Dyckias. I hope to learn a thing or two as well as share my experiences with you all. Sorry for the crappy pictures. I didn't have to much spare time and I was trying to rush through them. I will get better pictures up soon. I am also in the process of arangeing my plants so they are not to happy at the moment. Anyways on to the pictures.

{{gwi:670892}}

{{gwi:670895}}

{{gwi:670898}}

{{gwi:670900}}

{{gwi:670902}}

{{gwi:670904}}

{{gwi:670905}}

{{gwi:670907}}

{{gwi:670909}}

{{gwi:670911}}

{{gwi:670913}}

{{gwi:670916}}

{{gwi:670920}}

{{gwi:670924}}

{{gwi:445845}}

I hope you all enjoy.

Regards, Patrick

Comments (17)

• brodyjames_gw
    10 years ago

Welcome, Patrick!

Very nice collection....lots of beauties in there!

Nancy

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Welcome!
    A very nice collection...and a cool pot of Jade! :-)
    Do you mix your own potting mix?

Josh

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

Patrick,

Welcome aboard here. It seems you live in SouCal, which as you likely know is a hotbed of succulentism. Your plants look great.

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

Welcome, Patrick!

Yep, you are all the way in:).. Both legs.

• americangolden
    10 years ago

Very nice collection of plants! Welcome to GW =)

• chadec
    10 years ago

Very nice collection. Welcome to the forum.

• plantlover49
    10 years ago

Welcome to the Forum.
    what A Super collection, for Being so Young you're doing Great

Elizabeth

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

Very nice plants, especially the nubbly-bubbly hybrid Aloes.

• caligrown
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

@greenman28 - I do mix my own soil. This year I got lazy and mixed 75% pumice to 25% commercial cacti and succulent soil.

@cactusmcharris - I actually live in nor cal, inland bay area to be exact.

Again thank you all for the warm welcome. Im going to start a thread in the trade section soon and list all my extras. I will also have some freebies for anyone willing to cover shipping costs.

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Wow, what a collection you have already! to the forum, Patrick! I especially like your Aloe hybrids. Even have an xGasteraloe 'Twilight Zone'! Nice plants, all! Like Ryan said, you have "both legs" in! No going back now!! Hee hee!

Thanks for sharing all the pix of your collection! Your mix sounds like what I've been doing lately. It works! (Well either pumice or dry stall)

• 0nametaken0
    10 years ago

Hey Patrick, that looks great. Glad you worked it out posting here. Cali is like, plant heaven :) Hope to see more in the future.

• camellia1_gw
    10 years ago

Welcome Patrick! I'm a newbie here, too, and have found a wealth of information here.

Great collection you have!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Makes sense...plants that look that good I wouldn't expect to be grown in off-the-shelf bagged mix.

Josh

• caligrown
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for the kind complements. I can already tell I am going to enjoy this community.

@rosemariero- The mix I am using is working great for me. If I wasn't so cheap I would use pumice exclusively for a majority of my collection.

@NameTaken- I was trying to post my pictures using the image code rather then the html code. You guys are in trouble now. Whoever has dial up is going to hate opening my threads.

@Greenman28- Thank you for that complement. I look at other growers plants in envy wishing I could grow a plant that well. I guess im to hard on my self, either that or im never satisfied. Probably a mixture of both.

Anyways here are a few more pictures.

{{gwi:505036}}

{{gwi:670929}}

{{gwi:670932}}

{{gwi:670935}}

{{gwi:670938}}

{{gwi:670941}}

{{gwi:670943}}

{{gwi:670946}}

{{gwi:526684}}

{{gwi:670949}}

{{gwi:670951}}

{{gwi:670953}}

{{gwi:670955}}

{{gwi:670957}}

Regards, Patrick

• 0nametaken0
    10 years ago

I absolutely love those white ball cactus. More pics!!

I dont think anyone has 56k anymore :) If they do, then they are living in the past.

• caligrown
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. If you still plan on getting more plants from me in the spring I can toss a peace your way, just remind me.

• 0nametaken0
    10 years ago

Sure thing, thanks.