Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please. lets' see JUST your Jade plant pictures and collections.

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 14:05

Here are a few of mine taken a few minutes ago....Just a small collection, but they bring me much joy, especially in color for all that warm sun..Beside these, I have two gouge ones at work and many more cuttings developing roots..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please. lets' see JUST your Jade plant pictures and collectio

Awesome thread Mike! this one is right up my alley. very nice pictures too.

these are all pretty much all Hummel's Sunsets

'Red Horn Tree'
Crassula Ovata

Hummel's Sunset

Hummel's Sunset

Hummel's Sunset

Hummel's Sunset

Hummel's Sunset

Hummel's Sunset and variegated jade 'tricolor'

o

Hi Mike, what a very nice collection you have...the colors are so pretty already, I'm so jealous! Btw, what is the Jade in the second picture in the brown bonsai pot? It has a lot of orange. It looks like hummel sunset yet the colors are different than your other hummel sunset Jades. Very attractive! Thanks for the pictures, they're all beautiful!
Great job growing them.

Here's a few of mine...
This is the one from you..I LOVE it!! See my mango tree in the background?

I whacked this in July...the top stem is the one I'm having problems rooting. This is slowly showing some of its hummel sunset colors(ever so slightly)

My oldest Jade(regular green variety)4 yrs this January.

Last but not least...Max trying out his Halloween costume,lol...

o

Thank you Mike, Jade Man, and Nancy. All three of you have beautiful jades......I love the red one....Wow...so many options in jade plants. Thank you so much to you all for posting them. Good choice of plants.....

o

Lovely Jade plants and beautiful Pug :))

o

Great picture all. Thanks. Max is way to cool. If he were in Minnesota I'd give up a doggie treat.

o

Pug, Is Max a lady Pug, oops,'"Pug"? loll..That is one cute picture...Wow amazingly beautiful plants....Are you telling me that that jade is the one I sent you last year, the cutting from my big one at work? It is gorgeous Pug! The mom plant doesn't look that colorful..

Jademan, if you show me that Red Horn tree one more time.....I LOVE it...lol
Beautiful plants you have there too...They almost glow in the dark...

Itran and Nikki, Thank you and lol with the treats...How is your cutting doing Nikki?

Can't wait to see more pictures..

o

Jade Man...you and I must have been posting close to the same time, I missed your pictures until now. Very nice! I agree with Mike. You're lucky you live far away,lol...You must be the only person in the US that has that Jade. Its a beauty!

Mike, NO...that bonsai Jade is the one you gave me last month you silly! The one you gave me last year is very small now...because I've given so many cuttings away. I have to let it get grow back before I take any more cuttings,lol...Mike, cute one...yes that's a Lady 'pug' costume...but don't tell Max :o)

Thanks ltran, Nikki and Pineyboy for the kind comments on the plants and Max...he's a total ham and just had to get in on the action.

o

thank you all very much. i means a lot.

Doug

o

Your Hummel's Sunsets and Red Horn Tree have me salivating. I am almost ashamed to admit that all I have for Jades are these humble little plants and cuttings...

Christopher

o

Jade Man, why do you have string hanging from the jade on the left, in the last pic?

o

deburn,
those are wires. i am training that particular plant to a more aesthetically pleasing shape.

Christopher,
no need for shame here. every plant lover, fanatic, nut, hobbyist, whatever you call yourself had to start somewhere. your plants look very nice, so you must be doing a good job.

one of the things that i find plants help me with is patience. they grow slowly and often your actions take a week or so to play out. in a year or two your picture of all your plants will contain many more.

o

Wow, I'm impressed with all the great plants and beautiful photos.
Thanks for sharing.

o

lovely colors on those jades :), unfortunately i cant say the same about mine :/ except for this little one wich is the only one that turned just a little bit red :)
Photobucket

this one has a few red tips but not many :/
Photobucket

no red colors but a beautiful pink gladiolus from the garden in the background :)
Photobucket

two seasons growth after it got wacked.
Photobucket
and heres a closeup picture of the trunk :)
Photobucket

and i think we all know what awaits this plant in the spring :)
Photobucket

and another trunk picture Photobucket

and to finish off with, heres a pic of them together, they have just been moved into the greenhouse,
Photobucket

o

Excellent Jade pictures, everyone!
Jonas, it's especially nice to see your giants. It was your C. arborescens that convinced
me to go out and buy one. It's developing nicely.

Doug, your scarlet Sunset Jades are pure eye-candy. I hope that I can get mine looking as good in the future.
Your work on the 'tricolor' (wired one?) is paying off. I like the form. Because of you, Doug, I now have an obliqua in my collection. The nodes are hairy, and this Jade seems to grow more vigorously than any other. I'm also excited by the 'Red Horn Tree.'

Mike, Christopher, Nikki, Marie, Xuan, and Nancy (and Max!), I'll be back with more!
I wouldn't want to ignore those who took the time to post such nice images of their Jades.
In the meantime, here's a quick pic of my 'Hummel's Sunset'....slowly recovering from a year of rough luck.
The trunk and stems should develop some better scarlet hues in November.

Photobucket

Josh

o

Christopher, Jonas and Josh...Awesome pictures guys! Love them all. Some great looking Jades out there everyone. Please keep posting, we want to see more!

o

Pug..

That plant looks so different from it's backside..lol..I sure looks like it is already getting much better sun than here..Beautiful, the coloring coming through..
Some of the leaves look so much like the one I sent you last year..It threw me off..I only wish all mine could look as refreshed as yours..:-)

Chris: Before you know it, those little babies will be as big as many here..They are still nice in the meantime though...At least you are keeping them alive..I happen to be partial towards one of them:-)

Jonas , those are some big beauties..Thank you!

Josh, never a bad picture with your plants, unless you accidently left them out in the freeze..Even then, you resurect them so beautifully!

Pinebioy,Haxuan, deburn, thanks..

Love the pictures thus far..

Mike:-)

o

Thank you Mike for starting up the thread!

My only jade coming from last year is finally showing some red...

From top...

Hopefully I can get more colors next year from this year's new additions...

o

Hey everyone..

My pic has already been put up on another thread here but this is the most recent one and I thought I would add it to here too...

I have bought all my plants in now as we are hitting -1C at night.

My colourful Jades seem to be going more green now.

I also have a couple of small ones not in the pic

Photobucket

o

Alright, I'm back with some pics of my Jade collection!
Thanks, Mike and Nancy. Mike, just for you, my frozen Mother Jade (back from the dead) in the first pic.

I tried to group and organize my Jades, so that I wouldn't have so many individual pics...but I forgot a few,
and had to go back and take pics of certain plants by themselves - the 'Hobbit,' for instance.

For the sake of clarity, I'll narrate from Left to Right (or clockwise where applicable).

First up:
1) 'Hummel's Sunset,'
2) a standard yet fairly yellow Jade
3) and my unfrozen Mother Jade (which is the standard variety).

Photobucket

This is the standard variety of Jade that was a huge cutting...before it was frozen down to the stump!
It's bounced back nicely, and I look forward to working this one into something clever and stout.

Photobucket

This is a piece of the larger Jade pictured above, which I couldn't throw out...so I threw it into the garden.
I dug it up yesterday, knocked the garden soil off the roots, and re-potted in a mix of Turface, Pumice, Bark.
I am going to give this little Jade to a friend.

Photobucket

Now we move on to the Finger Jades!
1) 'Gollum' - large, fast-growing, green version
2) 'Skinny Fingers' - very elegant and colorful; some mixed leaves, but I consider it 'Skinny'...
3) 'Gollum' - small/dwarf, slow-growing, colorful version.

Photobucket

Finger Jades, part two!
1) 'Gollum'/'Skinny Fingers' monstrose Jade that I received as a cutting.
2) 'Gollum' that I started from a fallen 'Gollum' leaf - seems to be growing true to sport.

Photobucket

And a Spoon Jade, my dear little 'Hobbit.'
I just pruned off two branches - one high, one low.

Photobucket

These are Compact Jades from separate sources:
1) 'Crosby's Compact' - recently tip-pruned, awaiting new growth
2) 'Crosby's Compact' - started as a cutting from one of my sister's plants. Colorful, tight growth of leaves
and internodes, but with a tendency to sprawl and droop.

Photobucket

Here, a table of assorted rooted and unrooted cuttings! Starting at the top:
1) 'Crosby's Compact' - cuttings from the pruned plant above.
2) A pink-flowering Jade from John in Oregon.
3) 'Peek'(?) - a uniquely variegated Jade from Mike. Thanks again, Mike!
4) My Jade Forest - mostly standard Jade, with a couple cuttings of 'Peek' from Mike, a 'Hummel's Sunset,'
and a couple Portulacaria afras that will be removed to make way for the 'Hobbit' cuttings.
5) 'Christmas Cheer' cuttings from a GardenWeb member of constant courtesy and perpetual cheer.
(You can also see the 'Hobbit' cuttings resting on the Turface in the 'Christmas Cheer' container).

Photobucket

A couple Crassula that I've had for less than a year:
1) obliqua - a mostly green variety, with only hints of variegation on certain leaves. Quite fast-growing,
and exhibiting very interesting hairy nodes.
2) arborescens - Silver Dollar Jade, as it's commonly known, is not an ovata at all. Still, I lump it
together with my other Jades.
3) arborescens - this is the second cutting that I've propagated. A very vigorous, easy to grow species.

Photobucket

Obliqua, closer shot of the canopy:

Photobucket

Josh

o

o

Bo!! My goodness your collection is growing by the day..I love them all!! Who was it that got you started? I see one that looks awfully famimular...lol

That almosy pure yellow one on the bottom, in the center photo, I particularly love it..Lets' talk in private...:-)

So good to see you posting your plants..Excellent..

Where is Andrew these days anyways? Still waiting for his too..

Mike

o

Love this thread! We're on our 4th day of rain, thunderstorms and drizzle here but I'll take pix when it clears up. Silverina's looking nice and full.

Val and others that are waiting for cuttings, hang in there, everything's really soggy and wet right now.

Michele

o

Hey Mike,
Thanks! Yep, that little one on the bottom is the one you sent. I love it! It's starting to put on roots. I am very excited and can't wait to see new growth! You know I didn't even know a Hummel's Sunset Jade existed until I visited this forum but once I saw it; I was like 'oh my!' I have to get one! You, Andrew and everyone here have been enablers...lol

Bo

p.s. I think Andrew is busy hauling in yet more jades! LOL

o
Various forms of Crassula ovata

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

paracelsus - your jades are absolutely divine! Now, I want to learn how to prune my jades and make them more shapely and bonsai like yours! What is the first one? And are the following two: Hummels's Sunset? Thanks for sharing your beauties!

Bo

o

looking good everyone?

yaslan, i just have a point and shoot kodak. i actually don't love it. can't do anything with the focus it's automatic.

o

Great Jades, Brad!
Each one creates a self-contained "scene."
The first 'Hobbit' is spectacular, and the bark on your 'Gollum' equally so.
I like the Sunset Jades, too, but the 'Hobbit' and 'Gollum' are truly well-refined.

Josh

o

Sorry it has taken me this long to post any pictures of my jades. I am sick with a bad cold and not feeling well at all plus I have been getting new additions to my jade collection the past two days.

This is a picture of the most recent addition. I got this as a trade and I feel very lucky to have been able to get it. I cannot believe how substantial this 'Red Horn' jade is!! I expected a small rooted plant but I did trade 4 jade plants and 2 Hummel's sunset cuttings for this. I also got a variegated portulaca afra, plus 4 others thqat I have no idea what they are!
Andrew
If anybody would like to do a direct post of the pic that is fine. I just need to take the time and practice doing it.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Red Horn' jade tree.

o
Yet another new addition!

This is also one of my newest additions. I got this one yesterday from Lorraine at K an L cactus along with a couple others. I will post pics of the rest of my jades when I am feeling better.

I am sure that there are a few people who are getting prune happy when they see pictures of this jade. LOL!
Andrew

Here is a link that might be useful: New Hummel's Sunset jade

o

Very nice collection Bo, Josh and Brad. Love the first picture...hobbit right?

Hey Andrew...I'll post them directly here for you!

OMG...you got the 'Red Horn Tree' Hobbit? I'm such a newbie compared to most here...but are you sure its not a Gollum?
Looks like my gollum Jades...but again I better let the experts take a look.

Hope you feel better soon...take care!

Very nice Jades, btw!

Here's Andrew's Jade pictures...

Andrew's New Hummel's Sunset jade

Michele, looking forward to pics of Silverina and the rest of your collection too! Hope it dries out soon!

o

Hi Nanci,
All I know is I got it from the same woman that Jade Man got his from. The colors may not be as intense because I took the picture in a dark lit room but the colors are so vivid!! Almost flourescent!!!!
Andrew

o

andrew, i got my 'red horn tree' from a guy in Germany. as far as i know there is no commercial source for the 'red horn tree'. i don't know where you got your gollum from. the 'red horn tree' is a hobbit form of the hummel's sunset.

Doug

o

I wont hold this claim anymore but I was given this jade and told that this was the 'red horn tree jade. That is such a bummer considering what i gave up for it but I cannot complain. Even the green form that I have of this doesn't have the red coloration that this has.
Doug, Was it a nursery that you bought it from? Did you need the phytosanitary certificate? I would buy it if I could or was it just a trade? Could you email me so I can get some more specifics? BTW I live in western NY. I was curious where in PA you are from?
Thanks Doug,
Andrew
Thanks D

o

Ohh...ahhh... thanks so much for the "Jade Party". All your plants look good enough I want to... eat them!

Josh, really love your collection, such varieties!

Xuan

o

Josh!!!!! Now that I finally got a minute to closely examine your jades, REMARKABLE!! Those are so so beautiful...I may be asking you for a trade or a piece of one of them..I LOVE them My mother is extremely in love with one of the..Thank you for such beautiful pictures..

Pug, that was so nice of you to post Andrew's pictures,,He has some very pretty ones here..Wow...Looking good>.

Paracelsus..Beautiful..They are so breath taking..These plants are so amazing and each with it's own distinct characters..Thank you.

Bo, wowowow..

Jademan, I am still looking for a Red Horn..Lol

Mike

o

There are some SERIOUS jades in this post.

Here is my comparatively modest collection:

Thanks.

T

o

Here are a few larger plants since they seem to do pretty well outdoors here in California

Crassula ovata Crosby's Red

Crassula ovata Crosby's Red H

Crassula ovata Crosby's Red closer

Crassula ovata Crosby's Red closer

Crassula ovata Crosby's Compacta

Crassula ovata Crosby's Compacta

Crassula ovata Obliqua

Crassula ovata Obliqua flowering

Crassula ovata Obliqua Variegata

Crassula ovata Obliqua Variegata

something called Crassula ovata Pink Puff (looks pretty much the same to me)

Crassula ovata Pink Puff

Crassula ovata Grey Bark

Crassul ovata Grey Bark

Crassula ovata Crosby's Dwarf

Crassula ovata Crosby's Dwarf

Crassula ovata Hummel's Sunset

Crassula ovata Hummel's Sunset large

Crassula ovata variegated

Crassula ovata variegated shrub

Crassula ovata variegated close up

Crassula ovata variegated leaves

Crassula ovata unknown cultivar

Crassula ovata unknown cultivar

Crassula ovata Gollum

Crassula ovata Gollum

Crassula ovata my own... no idea what the cultivar name is

Crassula ovata my own

Crassula lactea x ovata (saw this yesterday at the Huntington Gardens)

Crassula lactea x ovata

o

They are all Beautiful Tom...I sure wouldn't call those modest...I Love them!

o

Tom, what Pug said plus an extra!..Beautiful..

Lzrddr, I wish I could see your pics here at work..I can't wait to get home..:-)

Mike

o

Lzrddr - just crazy beautiful. Amazing jades...growing in the ground, no less.

o

I'm in Jade Heaven....fantastic presentation!

Mike, we'll be in touch! ;)

Josh

o

OMG...those are absolutely Spectacular... lzrddr!! Words cannot describe just how beautiful they all are, just amazing! I've never seen a variegated one like that before...Wow! Thanks so much for posting!

o

Pug! I love how nicely shaped your jade looks! My son loves your little misfit in his Holloween costume. Too cute!

Andrew - your newest additions are beautiful! And has me wanting to order more! LOL

Tom - I love your jades, especially the middle one! Is it a gollum?

Lzrddr - Oh my....! Your Jade collection is admittedly breathtaking!! I am especially fond of (and am a very big fan of) your Crassula ovata unknown cultivar!! It's so beautifully lit and ginormous!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful treasures!

Bo

p.s after seeing all these beautiful jades; I've decided I need more! ( :

o

OMG, lzrddr I can't say any words....people said it all....
But I want to repeat what Nancy said......
Those are absolutely Spectacular...Wow! Thanks so much for posting!

o

Bo -

I think I bought that one as hobbit a fews years back...but, frankly, I get confused...

Tom

o

'Hobbit' it is!
But given the amount of color shown, perhaps it is the 'Red Horn Tree' that we've seen lately -
the Hummel's version of the 'Hobbit.' Great little plant, either way.

Josh

o

Josh -

I can thank a 400w blue Eye Hortilux metal halide bulb for that color...amazing, right?

T

o

i know this thread is about showing our own jades, but i just tought that u guys would love to see this one :)

this picture was taken in the copenhagen botanical gardens c/s greenhouse, my gf is standing next to it and she is about 1,6 meters tall just so you have something to compare it with :)
Photobucket

o

Wow!! That is one hell of a jade! I wonder how old it is? I love seeing the gnarled bark and that trunk is really something!!
aNDREW

o

Jonas,
I agree with Andrew....a fantastic Tree!
If your girlfriend is about 5 feet 3 inches tall, that Jade must be over 7 feet (more than 2 meters)!
Thank you for sharing.

Josh

o

Tom, I see you are growing in the gritty mix..Fantastic..You actually put lights over yours? How long and how close? I might do the same with a couple of mine this winter...Thanks

That tree is HUGE Jonas..Thank you for sharing..Wow..Make's you feel young or old, depending on your perspective..I only wish I had one that big and greenhouse to set it in..

o

I agree that Jade Tree is AMAZING!! Wow a 7ft tall Jade tree...! Thanks for sharing that picture with us Jonas!!

o

Mike -

My larger C. ovata gollum was situated under a 1000w Blue Metal halide (eye hortilux) - but I recently relocated it to a sunny, south facing window in my living room. My other C. ovata (more common form?) is in the same place.

My hobbit is about 18 inches from the 400w metal halide light. Seems to really like it there. The lights go on at 7AM, off at 6:30PM.

T

o

Andrew:
i searched the web to see if i could find some info on the plant, and the closest i got to an age was somewhere around 100 years :)

o

Wow....thanks Jonas for taking the picture.
Jade plants bring us many surprises each post....
We still love it. What a tree....

o

100 years old! Magnificent. Must be a site to see!
Andrew

o

Hi Mike and all...
I finally got a picture of my littlest jade, you can see it is just starting to shoot out new growth...
and of course that will be shade for the little fisherman...lol
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
thanks to everyone for posting all the great pictures..and to Mike for starting this thread....and Mike I really like the new jade you have the one in the middle of the group picture.....
I really like jades......linda

o

hi,

really a nice jade collection.

here are some of my collection ...

2 different kinds of C.arborescent undulatifolia
crassula arborescens undulatifolia
crassula arborescens undulatifolia

c.arborescens "blue bird"
crassula arborescens

c.arborescens "break dancer" a crested form of "blue bird"
crassula arborescens

c.ovata "ougonkagetsu" ... a japanese cultivar
crassula ovata

c.ovata minor
crassula ovata minor

c.ovata "variegata" vs. "obliqua tricolor"
c.ovata

c.ovata "gollum variegata"
crassula ovata 'gollum variegata'

c.ovata "red horn tree"
crassula ovata

I still have some cuttings of "Red Horn Tree" ... so if anyone is interested just write me.

@greenman28 ... what is special on 'Christmas Cheer'? I never have heard of this cultivar.

Does any one have a picture of C.ovata "Pallida"?

Ben

o

OMG!! Ben those are some amazing Jades you have. I LOVE them all. Thanks for the beautiful pictures!

Ben I can't find an email for you on your page...and the one you posted is incomplete...PLEASE email me on (MY Page)... Thanks so much...I'm interested in a cutting of your 'Red Horn Tree'.

o

Ben!
You have some incredible varieties!
The Japanese ovata, the variegated 'Gollum,' and the 'Red Horn Tree' are excellent.
I would love to discuss a possible trade, if such a thing would be of interest to you.

I've heard that the 'Christmas Cheer' has a pink flower, but I don't know much about it.
I'm just now rooting cuttings of this variety.

Josh

o
Ben 'red horn jade'

Hi Ben,
You have a beautiful collection of jades!
I too would be interested in a cutting of your Red Horn Jade. Please email me at yaslan72@comcat.net. Thanks!

Bo

o

Ben,

If you still have a cutting from your Red Horn Jade I would love one. Please contact me at vljohnson215@charter.net
Thank you,
Val

o

sorry, i forgot to activate my email for other members. I changed this now.

I have 3 cuttings of "red horn tree" ... 2 smaller ones and one like the cutting i have send to Doug. I will contact the interested people tomorrow per email. Right now i don´t have much time.

The "gollum variegata" and "ougonkagetsu" are still quite small as you can see on the pictures ... i think i can give away cuttings not until next year.

regards,
Ben

o

Hi Ben, those are beautiful jades, I have never seen any like that....can I ask where you got them?....
thanks for posting...linda

o

Ben now that I am home from work and can see your pictures, I have to say that those are some of the nicest plants I ever saw...THANK YOU for posting them here.....Wow....

I only wish I had one of those!

Mike,,:-)

o

hi,

i have got the cultivars from differents sources ... nurseries and private people. Thanks to the internet you can surch worldwide. "Gollum Variegata" and "Ougonkagetsu" i got from a japanese guy. They really have some nice cultivars in Japan.

Recently i got cuttings of a cultivar called "Sinkagetsu" (Sin = new; kagetsu = synonymous with jadetree). According to the japanese seller this should be a hybrid of "Sunset" and another Jadetree (maybe obliqua).
This is a picture of "sinkagetsu" from Japan ...
crassula ovata

my plants don´t show the white margins yet ... but like "sunset" this feature should be seasonal and depends on the amount of sunlight. So i have to wait for a while before i know if my plants are really the same cultivar as on the picture.

Another nice cultivar is "Solana" from Russia ... it looks like "tricolor" but with a yellow variegation instead of white. I´m still trying to get one.

Ben

o
RE: PPlease. lets' see JUST your Jade plant pictures and collecti

Ben, I left you an e-mail..I hope you got it..:-)

Mike

o

Ben,
you show us yet another Jade that is totally new to me!
How exciting to see these!

Josh

o

Awesome Jade Ben...you have quite a "rare" collection. That Japanese cultivar is something else!! Gorgeous color!

Wish some of them would eventually make it here to the US.

o

I am not sure if anyone can help or not, but I am wondering if there are any other companies in countries like Japan that people could buy them from.

After seeing how much the phytosanitary certificate is and shipping, it may be a waste of time to look into it but I wonder if maybe a couple people got together and did a group order if it would be more reasonable.
Andrew

o

Andrew..I don't think anyone from around the world sells these unusuals even on e-bay..Sheeesh..

Why is it that so many different plants never make a day view in real life here?

One can only wish..lol

Mike

o

Hey all, I hope I am not to late I finally got some pictures of just my jades......Pug do you remember the one in the left corner....its still growing......
and my fat stubby one....its as big arround as a pop can and also as tall as one....
and theses two...their about 12" tall and as big arround as a egg....I am trying Al's mix in the plant on the right, (thank you Mike for the mix) and napa floor dry on the left plant....
thanks for looking.......linda

o

Hey Mike,

What a great thread on these beautiful jades....I'm speechless...

You all have done a great job....CHEERS!!

Laura in VB

o

I had no idea that jades came in so many colors! Thanks for the beautiful show and tell!

o

Sun Worshipper, most of us weren't aware, either!
This Thread has been a revelation of unique Crassula!

Josh

o

Fantastic Linda..Wow that fatty should fill in soon and make a great Bonsai..Great Job!

Laura....Wow..It is SO great to see you here, all the way from the plumie side..;-)

Thank you for coming for a visit and your nice comments!

Just as I was speechless about your plants, mine almost may look as good as yours...I miss those beautiful pictures you took of yours by the pool..Don't you just wish those warm days lasted longer?
Someday, you will have to come here and show us some of your succulents, includining Adenium..
Take care and I will have to visit you again..
Thank you Laura..:-) CHEERS to you too!

Sunworshiper, YW...You might want to catch a ride with us and try one..

Josh..Ditto! How are ya? :-)))

o

Hi Linda, I certainly do recognize that one, I'm so glad its alive and doing well...Congrats! You're never too late to post pictures. Hopefully I will post some as soon as I get them to color up a little. Great plants!

So, so true...who knew there were all these rare and beautiful Jades to discover! Can't wait to get my hands on some of those rare ones someday...

o

Beautiful photos of spectacular jades! Everyone has such beautiful displays and containers!
Bo, sent me Hummel's Sunset and a compacta. It's her fault, I'm addicted now! Actually, I'm going to blame everyone one of you! LOL
Thanks for posting your wonderful collections!

Theresa

o

Are the red colored jades like Hummel's sunset any more difficult to grow than the plain green sort? In particular I'm interested in their heat+humidity tolerance since I'm in FL. I really like the red coloration and might like to give one a try.

I recently bought a Crassula arborescens (Silver Dollar Jade). Too early to tell how it will fare for me. I bought it on sale at Home Depot. They had a clearance table of cacti and succulents that had been sitting there unprotected through the summer rain. Most of the plants on that table were dead from rot, but this one looked surprisingly good. So I took that as a good sign that maybe it it isn't as sensitive to extra water. Anybody know?

o

to sun_worshiper
in my experience jades arent that sensitive when i comes to water, we have ours standing outside during the whole summer and take them inside around the middle of november, and our summers are quite wet and the autumn is even wetter and our jades seem to be doing fine including the c. arborescens even in cold temps.

o

I do find that the Crassula arborescens, with its large leaves, is a much thirstier plant.
I water mine far more often than I do my other Crassula.

Josh

o

Excellent! Glad to hear that Crassula arborescens is a more thirsty variety. I am slowly planning landscaping part of my yard with succulents. Before I relandscape, I am in the process of trying out individual specimens to see what fares best in my climate. Sounds like Crassula arborescens might be a good landscape candidate.

jonaskragebaer - I have to say, I know very little about Denmark. During your wet summers, how hot is it there? My (admittedly limited) trials with succulents show that it isn't the wet alone, but the wet+heat that does them in. Seems like succulents most hate the combination of high humidity combined with nighttime temps not dropping below 80 degrees F.

o

Theresa..Thank you for looking and your comments...

Hi Pug...:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))..P.s..where is the Jade that you whacked back really hard that grew so nice and full everyone is raving about? How are you cutting doing too?

Linda...I have been menaing to get to the post office real soon..Got something for you..:-)

Josh.....:-). I had no idea this jade could handle more watering..What do they look like?

Mike

o

A bit late, but here are pics of my 2 jades. The green one I started from cuttings about 4 years ago. The other one is Crassula arborescens, which I bought at a bargain table this summer.

o

Ok, you all have inspired me to post photos
of my jades. Great photos from everyone.
I never knew that jades could get so huge
and have such large trunks. I also never
realized you could whack the heck out of
jades and have such good results.
I'm a newbie to jades, but loving it.

Here is a photo of a 2 year old cutting I rooted.
Mama jade didn't survive the move to Florida from
Virginia so I'm glad I took this cutting when I did.
From Garden 2010

This is a jade I bought at Home Depot. It too
is about 2 years old. I've whacked it once
and will more than likely selectively trim it
again this year.
From Garden 2010

o

sun_whorsiper:
our summer is hard to describe, you dont know what to expect from it some summers are wet and cold while others are hot and dry, but normally its a mix of all weathers, during the summer months the day temp is usually somewhere between 15-30C, and the night temp is 15-20C, and in the fall the temp is around 10-15C day and night

o

Nice jades sun worshiper!

Dpolson...I bet you're glad you were able to save a cutting from your Mother plant...cute Jades. Soon enough your collection will multiply. We're a very bad influence here,lol. Its an addiction for which there is NO cure :o)

o
Where can I find large variegated jade plants? (5 foot)

Hi, I saw those large variegated jade pictures (5 foot) and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that actually sold them? I think its the crassula ovata variegata or tricolor or something like that. I am willing to travel anywhere in the US, but I am having trouble finding places that sell that. Can anyone suggest garden centers they may have seen them at with that size anywhere at all?

Thanks for the help!
Jim

o

All very beautiful Jades. Thanks everyone for sharing your gorgeous collections.

In fact I've got great inspiration from these posts. I must check my jades and give them more TLC so that I can present them next time. :-)

Xuan

o

I agree-drop dead gorgeous!... and the 100 year old Jade is nice too.

Wait until Tuesday when the weather clears..a local Jade that is very impressive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here