Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas Cactus Cuttings

Posted by americangolden ZONE 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 14:13

Thank you to a very nice GW member who sent me some wonderful Christmas cactus cuttings (Thank you Linda) :-)! I'm looking forward to have a real xmas cactus again. Here are a few pictures after I potted them up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas Cactus Cuttings

What beautiful cuttings!

o

I checked out my Thanksgiving Cactus in the garage (picture attached), and I see buds forming :-).

Hopefully next year I will be able to see these Christmas Cactus cuttings form buds.

o

Cool. My xmas /thanksgivibg cactus, whatever it is, is budding up now, looks like a bumper crop this year from the old gal. Im gonna restart her in the spring.

o

Those are nice cuttings AG, Sure wish i had gotten some like those when i got my cuttings. i had bought 4 but i did end up with 7, 2&3 segment cuts so i put all mine together in a hanging basket. got a few blooms last year. it will be 3 yrs old next month and this is it this week.No Buds yet

o

and this is a older version of Christmas Cheer Thanksgiving C same age but had 8 cuts on this. this is a really pendelent 1 too . but full of buds
cliff

o

I wish the cuttings I have looked as good as americangolden. I got a few cuttings too, from someone here and they looked better in the box! I do have a few that are not doing too bad, but the few that aren't are soft and wilty. They didn't have any roots, and I have always had a hard time rooting in soil with any plant. I am glad to hear tho, that some just "don't take"~~ but still~~

But I am going to keep them, and hope for the best, just because I want to.

Anyway, congrats on the new additions! :)
Marjie

o

Thanksgiving cactus, always makes me laugh!

o

Here's a better picture of the cuttings which are doing great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here