Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Six dollars...

Posted by landruc 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 14:28

...but the guy who helped carry my plants out to the car broke it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Six dollars...

But now you have two plants, at the very least (three if you cut off and grow the nubbin left of the stem). It's win-lose-win, imo. Is that a cristate Graptoveria 'Fred Ives'? Nice plant at a good price.

o

Aww, bummer. But as cactusmcharris said, you can now have 2 plants!

I bought one of these too for 6 dollars although mine rotted froma sprinkler, and all i could save was a small cutting :( lowes can have some good deals on the 6 dollar pots, a few days ago i got 4 cephalocereus which were about a foot tall each, and there was some pretty tall stetsonias (which i regret not getting)

&cactusmcharris, i think it may be a crested sedum. Or atleast thats what the tag said...

o

I'm not sure what it is but I know it's not a Fred Ives, because I have a couple (not crested) and the leaves are very different. I think Microthrix probably nailed it as being a sedum.

I thought of it as a win-lose-win at the time. After he broke it the guy asked if I still wanted it. I potted up the cutting ("breaking?") this morning, but I'm going to leave the nubbin attached to see if anything grows from it.

o

Yep!

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 15:22

That was fast! They are looking good.
Do you think it will continue grow crested since it is original stem?

o

That is a very cool plant, I have never seen one

o

I think so, rina. Each sprout seems to be more oblong than circular.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here