Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

Where is

kathi_mdgd
10 years ago

everyone??? This forum is dying a slow death,is everyone too busy to post these days??
Kathi

Comments (22)

• oldstumpy1 Long Island ny
    10 years ago

HI kathi
    I've been on vacation and building a new room to house more plants my grandchildren got me some c&s for my anniversary. guess how many years

Richard

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

Kathi, this forum is like the theme song by Ice-T from the 1988 movie "Colors"
    "We never die, just multiply. Colors.
    Colors, colors, colors, colors, c-c-c-c-c-colors."
    The diplomatic answer is yes, everyone is busy.

Richard, can I guess 40?

• fatboyreptiles
    10 years ago

45 to be exact and congrats.......

• pumpkineater2
    10 years ago

I say 45 since your grandchildren got you 45 new plants for your anniversary. I assume the plants in the photo are the ones they gave you. Happy anniversary!

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Richard I say 45 also,so I guess that means i'm older than you or at least married longer than you.It will be 56 years for dh and I come april.

Nice gifts from the grands,that's my kinda gifts,something I want,not what someone thinks I want.I always ask for things like new shovels,hulaho,clippers etc.Some of my friends think i'm crazy!! I'm just practical...

Congrats to you and your wife!!

Hanz,don't know that song and never saw that movie.
    Kathi

• fatboyreptiles
    10 years ago

45 to be exact and congrats.......

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Hey, now, I've posted some recent stuff... ;-)

This semester has been busy! I was hired to teach Drama for the Fall term, and it's been a study...considering my degree and credential are in English. Also, I've been focusing on my pepper garden as the season winds down.

Josh

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Looks like tons of posts still. I jump in & out (as usual) to see what's going on.

Congrats on the 45 yrs, Richard! I'm guessin you & the Mrs. are happy! =)

Yes, super busy w/animals, family & projects! Hubby took the last half of Sept off for vacation...this time a "working" vacation for us! Pix of just a bit of what we've been up to lately!

Front yard has been worked on for at least the past year & a half...me trying to keep weeds down mostly... and removing plants. Today I got 2 rows of the garden wall installed. More to go!

I cleared the side strip, so we could remove our temp fence, pull remaining plants, helped hubby get posts in ~ then he built the fence (not a WALL, but it will do)! We removed a tree earlier, so had a giant stump to chop up.

Just one pic of my sux so far...prepping to bring tons of sux from the back yard to the front & FINALLY...PIG!
    {{gwi:671886}} {{gwi:675004}} {{gwi:675007}}

{{gwi:675010}} {{gwi:675013}}

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Me too,SUPER busy on things not cacti. I just delivered a table to the Governors mansion and a large bookcase to a prof., doing an office in San Antonio, restoring a Belter etagere, a bench for the capital, and putting in a bid for restoring two eastlake dinning room tables for the Texas house of representatives. I am getting ready for a plantswap in San Antonio next weekend. Trying to get my house ready for construction. Buying a bunch of maple flooring.

My garden is suffering. BUT I am cross fertilizing aloes on buy coffee breaks. .... Back to the fancy rosewood etagere (sp?) a very fancy whatnot shelf..

Busy girl, dirty girl.

• Microthrix
    10 years ago

Sorry about that :o I have been very busy with school lately and plays and such. so yeah

• hijole
    10 years ago

Well good to hear everyone is busy because they say busy people are happy people can everyone say :) lol .. I have seen Josh's pics from his pepper garden and let me say this it is one spicy garden and colorful too.

Also I've seen Rosemaries yard work and the girl is getting down and it's looking pretty impressive yup and now for my secret too all my insight is... Yup! You guessed it "FACEBOOK" it's almost, almost... "Garden web / Facebook" well I at least said, Almost.

As for me, same story, busy, busy, busy but I keep myself refreshed working in the garden with my cacti & Succulents. And trips to the beach.

Have a nice weekend yall, and don't forget to visit the garden every now and then just to see what's New.

Greg

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Whoa, Josh, teaching drama? I would panic, but that's just me. :P You almost got me to go out & snap my Crassula for your "Jades of September" post. BUT...the hurrier I go, the behinder I get!

What a lot of furniture projects, Mara! Sounds fascinating! Yes, busy girl! Good luck w/your construction! Have fun at the plant swap!

Zeck, school always sucks up time. Hope you are at least enjoying the plays!

Greg, I totally FORGOT about Facebook! Ha! Yes, that keeps me busy-trying to keep my family & friends abreast of my doings! There is plenty of plant stuff there to keep me occupied. Greg, I may need your help/idea w/my clean slate...or at least, constructive criticism as I go! :)

So, Kathi, have you enjoyed the pick-up of the pace of the posts?

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I have RO.Now can you please tell me what that tall plant is in the center of your pictures as I also have that.Only difference I see in yours and mine is that yours is growing straight up,mine is growing out to the side,and I just went out and measured them.The 2 stalks/stems whatever they're called are 33,and 38" long and the third one that is coming up from the center is 23' tall now.

Can you also tell me what happens to those long stalks,do they die and fall off or should I cut them off?? This is the first plant I've had like this.

If I know it's name I can google the rest.

Thanks everyone for checking in,i missed everyone being here and not seeing many new pictures.

{{gwi:592849}}

Not a real good picture but this sedum sieboldi(sp0 is also blooming now,i have 2 of these.

{{gwi:675016}}

Kathi

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

That is an Echeveria, Kathi, & a beautiful one at that! It's a hybrid, with E. gibbiflora a likely parent. If you don't have a cultivar name for it now, you probably never will. What gorgeous color yours has!! Love it!

The flowers will die & dry as they move up the stem of the inflorescence. This can take a really long time (I don't mind). No, the plant will not die. You can cut off the stem any time it please you to do so. In the meanwhile, you might want to try your hand at propagating from the leaves on the inflorescence, while you still can.

Love your Sedum sieboldii! That is one I don't have!

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks ro for all the info.When that sedum sieboldii finishes blooming,i can send you some cuttings if you'd like them.We live pretty close to one another so it shouldn't be a problem.I'm in Oceanside,in case you don't remember.
    Kathi

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Thanks for the offer, Kathi. I might take up up on it. For now, I can wait, as I found 10 cartjumpers to come home with me today & one of them was a variegated Sedum sieboldii!! Yippee!

I may be heading toward Encinitas tomorrow to scout out a tiered fountain to use for sux in my front yard makeover. Wish me luck!!

Some day down the road we must arrange a plant swap! =)

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sounds like a plan.Post a pic of your variegated sedum sieboldii when you get a chance,have never seen a variegated one.
    Kathi

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Here it is, Kathi: (click for larger)
    {{gwi:675020}}

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow I like that!! I tend to like all things variegated.Do you know what color the flowers will be??
    TFS
    Kathi

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Oh, yes, I LOVE variegated plants & just picked up a MESS of cart jumpers!

I believe the flowers will be the same as on your plant, Kathi.

Got our fountain IN this morning! Can't plant sux in it just yet, though.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Hey! I lost track of this Thread!

Thanks, Greg, for mentioning the peppers...it's been one spicy Summer. I've now eaten the Moruga Scorpion and can say I've had the hottest pepper yet. What a monster! My Chocolate Ghost Peppers have turned out to be brutal, too :-)

Rosemarie, hehe, we'll have to do an October edition of Jades...after all, our color keeps coming straight through this month...and I know you have some incredible compact and Sunset Jades that burn with brilliance this time of year.

As for Drama...it went like this. Day before school resumes, I get a call to substitute the Drama class for a couple weeks, on account of a lack of sufficient teachers interviewing for the position. Same day, I get a call from one of the past Drama teachers and he says, Hey, why don't you apply for the job and I'll help out with the Professional Drama class (casting, et cetera). So that's what I did...with more than a little anxiety, to be sure! It's been fun, though, despite the fact that I have 81 students between two classes!

The Fall play is A Midsummer Night's Dream, and we've been working on it since August. We bought $800 worth of wood for the set last week and we've begun building. I'm very excited to see it realized next month.

Josh

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Oh, what a daunting task, Josh! Whew~that is a lot of students! I wish you luck on the play!

Yes, I have some colorful Crassula (Jades), but the pix I take of them have a mess behind 'em~so not likely I'll post embarrassing pix here. I'm in the middle of major shifting of sux from the back yard to PIG in the currently (ongoing) renovation of the front yard (away from dog trampling)! We got the fountain in yesterday & drilled holes in bottom bowl.

BTW, I think that Echeveria I posted a pic of earlier (above) is going for a record ~how tall the inflorescence can get! Yard stick, coming out!! A 3rd inflor is rising! I think it heard what Kathi said about hers & is in a race now. Hee hee!