Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Well, here are afew left overs in color)

meyermike_1micha
9 years ago

I ended upoi giving quite a bit if plants away but kepted my best and gifted plant which will do just fine without lights this year.

I'm sorry I couldn't get to everyone and I still owe a few great people here a thing or two)

My mother has been in and out of hospitals and dad not so good..I have been very tired but I think things are getting better. I finally had a chance to bring my plants inside yesterday...Thought I would share a few and more later. Thanks for all of your concerns and kindness)

This Jade pic was taken a year or two ago....

{{gwi:48816}}

This is now...

{{gwi:676869}}

{{gwi:676870}}

Mike

Comments (14)

• oldstumpy1 Long Island ny
    9 years ago

Hi Mike
    Glad you are working threw it.
    and were able to keep a few for yourself you do have some beautiful plants.
    don't let life get you down. I know the felling all to well.

Richard

• brewerbonsai
    9 years ago

A few years ago I had to give all of my plants away, because of cancer treatment(not mine). It was a crap fest for about a year. Things SLOWLY improved and I now have a better plant collection than I did before . I don't know your situation, but I know that things do get better.
    If there ever comes a time when you can have more plants, I have a seed surplus..A few barrel cactus and hedgehog cactus, and a few prickly pear.

:)

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Hey Mike:

I did email you, but you did not reply.

Christopher

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

I'm in awe of your Maruba Nishiki, Mike....awe is an understatement, in fact. This absolutely convinces me to put mine into its own pot and hopefully be able to achieve this kind of growth and color! It looks like a yellow torch. I'm so glad you kept this one....and so glad you finally got your pictures posted! You've really kept me waiting ;-)

I hope you'll share some more of your rare beauties in the days to come.

Josh

• bens2bens
    9 years ago

Hej Mike,
    your Maruba looks great. It is nice to see how well it has developed in the last years. You growing conditions seem to be perfect to promote a high percentage of showy, yellow leaves.
    Some of my Maruba's stayed entirely green this year even when grown in full sun.
    This is the plant with the best color, but as you can see no completely yellow leaves ...
    {{gwi:676871}}

So, besides light there seem to be other factors that are important for the coloring.

By the way, the "Skinny Fingers" with the yellow leaf tips that you have sent me last year (not the variegated Legolas) also lost all its yellow color under my conditions. Does it still show the yellow tips at your place?

All the best,
    Ben

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Mike,
    Take care my friend.
    Stush

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    9 years ago

Mike,
    That plant is just stunning.......
    I think of all your plants,that is my favorite.thanks for sharing
    Sharon

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Stsuh, how are you thses days? My life has been crazy and upside down these days, but getting better.Thank you my good friend)

Ben..Did you think it would do this well here? I remember when it was just about 1 inch high and one cutting when you sent me it..One of my faves buddy.
    I hope things are ok across the pond)
    I love how yours looks too..It is very healthy..I have had some very cold nights and in fact, cooler than usual although the sun was hot by day. That is what made a difference.
    A squirrel ripped mine to parts, the skinny fingers you speak of. I am hoping to find the remians of it before the hard freeze set in((
    In fact, he took down many of my plants darn rodent!

Josh, do it up buddy!! In it's own put it should go..Funny how I can get such vivid colors,and you can flower yours! In fact, if you get this one to flower, I'll send you 100 bucks.lol Thanks buddy.

Chris..I did respond to you on one your threads as to why I hav enot responded, I hope you saw it. If not. I will write soon so we can get together again)

Brewer, how kind..I really appreciate that. I will keep you in mind) Thank you

Richard, thanks from my heart. You have always been such a kind member here, and for some reason OLD stumpy just doesn't fit your profile..lol Really, thank you.

MIke

Sharon, sorry for the delay...Thank you. I hope to trim it eventually..It is getting pretty heavy I tell ya..Once I can shut my space heaters off in the spring, I am going to propagate a few.

I'll be back with more pics once I get some time)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Just keep reminding me, and I'll get it potted as soon as I can! ;-)

Josh

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    9 years ago

Mike,
    The plant you have pictured looks great! I hope things start to look for you, and hopefully having some plants near by will help get you thru the winter!

Rob

• Laura Robichaud
    9 years ago

Mike, I've always loved your yellow jades. I hope life calms down for you--from one Massachusetts person to another. :)

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Hey Mike.

If you responded, I must have missed it...what post?

Christopher

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    9 years ago

Your plants are beautiful and I know the pain of having to make decisions of how much contraction will make life doable. I hope things get better for your parents.

• camellia1_gw
    9 years ago

Very Beautiful plant; one of my favs.

Glad to hear things are getting better

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer