Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Please let's see your variegated or regular TC and CC's)

meyermike_1micha
9 years ago

This is why variegated one finally blooming..The blooms are so big and almosyt look like double blloms...I love this one..

{{gwi:105325}}

{{gwi:105326}}

Lets see what's happening with yours too)

MIke

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Tue, Oct 28, 14 at 15:58

Comments (30)

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

Mike

Nothing to see on mine yet; I have to say that plant is a beauty. You are master of variegated...Rina

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Mrs says hello and loves it too.

My greener than green non varigatedTC was last laid out soil-less on a cookie sheet during June and July has been repoted and filling back in nicly Lazy me was kind of late at repotting for buds this soon
    The eight plus year old 'monster' ( or future real estate hog) EC ( Hatoria X rosea) had a complete make over this July that include a masive wacking resulting in some fifty rooted cuttings that will all be potted into anouther newer bigger pot for a Godzilla EC Also have six 1.5 - 2 inch thick stalks, all have more than one branch that are venturing as possible EC bonsia starters .

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Mike, it has really grown for you! And you're right, that bloom looks huge in your hand. I've never seen a TC bloom that size before. Bravo!

Josh

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Here's it today. Just took the picture.
    Stush

• parodise
    9 years ago

Here's mine - the picture was taken 2 days ago.

• parodise
    9 years ago

Today's picture of the same plant

• parodise
    9 years ago

Today's picture of the same plant

This post was edited by parodise on Wed, Oct 29, 14 at 17:27

• parodise
    9 years ago

And a couple of reds to boot:

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    9 years ago

I was finally able to get my hands on a varigated thanksgiving cactus cuttings. Does anyone may know the ID?
    Grantgarden2

• luv_daises
    9 years ago

I would love to get a variegated Christmas cactus. could you tell me a source? Ebay is out of my price range.

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    9 years ago

Mike,
    Love this variegated cactus as much as you do. It is beautiful. Wish they were readily available as the other cactus.thanks for showing
    Sharon

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sharon..Thank you) I hope you have been doing ok these days. E-mail me sometime.

Grant, Congrats! You will love it..I fnd they like more sun than the regular green ones...They will tend to grow very slow and possibly rot if you keep them under benches like I use to. Just a heads up. Rooting those, give plenty of bright light and a very porous medium..

Absolutely beautiful everyone..I love them all. The colors are so amzing and I noticed many here are blooming their much earlier than usual I find quite odd.

Johs, I will be talking to you soon my buddy.

Nomen, nice pic man!

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    9 years ago

Meyermike, Thanks for the tips!! I am noticing that yours has a few branches of albino pads. Just wondering why do you keep yours on? Could they live on their own roots? Would the plant grow any faster if you take them off?
    Grantgarden2

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    9 years ago

Everyone's plants look great! I've never grown these, but I'm thinking I should start.

Rob

• puglvr1
    9 years ago

Oh WOW!!! I'm sooo jealous! Beautiful everyone!!! Thanks for posting :o)

• Laura Robichaud
    9 years ago

Here's my yellow.

• Laura Robichaud
    9 years ago

Orange and pink.

Beautiful plants everyone!

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Added this one to the collection.

9 years ago

Do the variegated TC's come in all the colors?

Josh

• silenteyesspy
    9 years ago

meyermike_1micha: Mike, what you have there is actually what's called Schlumbergera Orssichiana, this shlumbergera (like others) grows in Brazil as well, and has big huge blooms. It is a rarity (like the true CC) I've been trying to hunt this Schlumbergera down for a long time. In the spring you'll have to be a friend and send me a cutting or two! Please and thank you in advance!!

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Josh... Yes they do. I saw four distinctively different variegated patterns to pick from.

A second one that I might add later had the more familiar green thats darker than what is commonly seen, also has thin to thicker bright white stripes in a wavy pattern at random areas. Looked reminiesent of a foriegn Army camoflauge pattern in a sence .

This post was edited by nomen_nudum on Sun, Nov 16, 14 at 13:08

9 years ago

Not the variegation, the color of the blooms.

Josh

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Five maybe six years ago they where darker nearing red, more than the pink hues as of latly
    I think pink is easier to work with at the cromozone & DNA level and perhaps the reason why more are becoming avalable for less $$ than the redder hue would have cost a few years ago.

Six years ago the same size cutting I show with a pink hue flower would cost at least $50- $70 for a darker pink nearing red hue.

On my current C&S shoping extraviganza all I saw avalable where pinkish and some with darker pink hues the older redder color wasn't avalable. Not to mean it can't be found but could be 'hidden' in the corner from view. .

Other colors, I imagine the future holds more to see in the area of chromosomes & DNA restructering for a wider range of flower colors

Mind my manners but I do need to compliment for that amazing size from Mikes showing

• camellia1_gw
    9 years ago

I've seen white and orange blooms in pics. I guess those are quite rare.

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Mine looks like almost peach. It should fully open by tomorrow. This plant was here when I moved it, so I had no idea what to expect...

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Very nice everyone>>>! I see some that have colors that I have never seen before.

Stush, I meant to tell you that yours has nice coloring..Love it!
    Chris, looking real nice !

Nomen and grant, I hope they grow well for you. I find they like high light more than the greener ones.

Laura, amazing as always...!

All my green leaf ones are finally flowering...Love this time of the year.

MIke

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Slow but sure roots are growing and hesitant to placing the TC under warmer brighter bulbs . Included a small update for a lighting check..

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

Those are all gorgeous!! i've never seen a varigated one around these parts.Need to get myself a few more colors,all i have are the pinks i showed on another post.
    kathi

• nanzjade z5 MA
    9 years ago

Mike, Thanks for posting the variegated TC, it's like a work of art painted by an artist! Amazing! Never knew it existed.
    So many nice pics on this thread, thanks all... here's a pic of one I bought in November.

Nancy