Split Rock shriveling

Posted by valeriev z9 Bay Area CA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 16:15

Why is my split rock shriveling up? :(

IMAG0831

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Split Rock shriveling

Because the old plant has done it's work to produce the new plant and now dies...

o

Valerie,

As the plant grows, it absorbs the nutrients in the older leaves, causing them to shrivel. This is completely normal.

Nancy

o

Ok, great news! Thanks Nancy and bikerdoc!

o

If it doesn't do that, then you need to worry about rot. two sts is the most one should have at any time and often it is just one.

o

I just rescued a little Split Rock from Lowe's for $1.00.

What does "sts" mean in the above post?

Lee

o

Oh , I am sorry, I meant two sets of leaves is the most one should have on the plant. My fat fingers.

o

Thanks, wantonamara!

Do these things stay about the same size always? Or is each set of leaves larger than the last, making for a larger and larger plant?

Lee

o

They stay about the same, sorry they don't turn into Split Boulders!

Some clones of P. bolusii have flowers that smell strongly of coconut, kind of Plumeria-like, unique among succulents. This one looks like it might be P. nelii though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here