Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rina_

Rosemarie aka roro

Did not see Rosemarie around for a while - hope everything is OK...

Rina

Comments (17)

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

Me too,i thought about her the other day and ruthie also.Then yesterday i saw ruthie on another post.
    Kathi

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

She's also on a proper plant site but I lost the URL!

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Again GL, what's a 'proper plant site'?

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Pirate girl, this is an example of a proper forum:

Here is a link that might be useful: UBC Botanical Gardens Forum

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

I'm trying to get at your meaning of proper (since this is the 2nd time you've inferred this site is not that).

I'm asking what in particular makes it proper? That it comes from an accredited botanical group (which of course we are not)?

I'm trying to understand why you appear to keep making this point? Would you like us to be that or what? Pls. clarify.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was wondering about that too, just like pg.
    What makes plant site "proper"...?
    ...or is GW inproper?

Rina

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

No no, what I mean is the layout. Ive been a member of tons of forums since 2002, but GW i.s an oddity to me, its close to Yahoo groups in layout, and I dont bother with yahoo anymore. GW is way better than yahoo tho!
    Most forums have fora laid out in sections, Introductions, Photos, Off Topic etc, with user profiles, avatars etc.
    GW looks well, basic! It hasnt changed since. I joined in 03!

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Thanks for missing me & thinking of me, Rina! :) I've had a couple months of illnesses (stress too), as I'm now in process of divorce. Might be a while I'm back on regularly.

Larry, I don't frequent UBC anymore-not for long while-since they deactivated their cacti-succulent forum.

Hi Kathi, Karen & all!! Back when I can.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

Karen,

Point of order, Ma'am - you inferred, he didn't. He may have insinuated the inference you're cogitating.

And I like this place for the improprieties that can happen, along with the jade questions, unquestionably.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Just my two cents, words are just words, we sometimes use different words or terms for the same thing, for example on our side of the pond we say take out, on the other side of the pond it's take away. In this instance the word 'proper' just meant more formally laid out to me, really didn't give it much thought. Trunk and boot mean the same thing as far as the car goes. There are of course other terms that mean totally different things, quite innocent on the other side of the pond not so much over here, no I'm not going there LOL. Take it from someone who has put her foot in it on more than one occasion, don't sweat it we're all here for the same thing, sharing knowledge, much needed help in my case and best of all 'Show and Tell' :).

Rosemarie, I haven't been around long enough to call you Roro, hope to some day, so sorry you're going through such a rough patch, sending you a great big hug.

Annette

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rosemarie

Hope you feel better healthwise, and take care.
    Sorry you have to go thru such stressful situation.
    Am sure everyone wants to see you back soon. Rina

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Thank you, Annette & Rina. All will be well in the end. You can call me RoRo from Day One, Annette! LOL Any abbreviated form is easier than typing out my whole handle/name. =)

I may be selling the majority of my plants if I am forced to sell the house. Don't go chompin' at the bit just yet! Stay tuned...

• Colleen E
    11 years ago

Oh gosh, Rosemarie. I know you're about the busiest lady in the land, but had no idea that was going on. And what you last typed here, I pray that doesn't happen. It'd break your heart more than the situation should require.

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Best wishes RoRo!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

Rosemarie, I hope everything works out for you. Tough row to hoe.

The ancient software of Gardenweb is for me one of the charms. I remember it being like this since '97 or '98. It's Web 1.0. All the jade threads, on the other hand...I wish there was a jade plant forum.

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

Hope all turns out well for you and you don't have to give up anything except your soon to be X.Hang in there,i'll be praying for you and for a good outcome in your favor of course.
    Hang in there!!
    ((((((((((((((((RORO))))))))))))))))))))))
    Kathi

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Hoovb, I wish there was an Aloe forum! I did ask but no go.