Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ddon_gw

acta succulenta: a new, free online journal

ddon
10 years ago

ACTA SUCCULENTA is a new, free online journal dedicated to the world of succulent plants, now available online
I'm the Editor of the Journal.

Go to the webpage (choose the language you prefer, clicking on the small flags on the left)

http://www.acta-succulenta.eu

It's downloadable in 3 distinct editions (English, French and Italian), free of advertising.

- click on "Download"

- select the edition that you prefer of Vol.1

The download is free.
The size of the pdf file is quite big (14 Mb), and sometimes the line is saturated by hundreds of downloads, so please be patient while it downloads, it could take some minutes.

Any article about succulent plants is welcome.

I hope you enjoy Acta Succulenta.

Comments (6)

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

I don't get it. It sounds really wonderful. I'm a little skeptical. Your profile shows you've been a member since June 2011 (2 years), yet there's not one single post by you on this forum or any other (only 3 matches for misspellings of "don't"). Why is that? Will people be downloading a virus for free??

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Hi Roro,

My, you raised a very interesting point & I'm glad to have you lookin' out for us all. I did a search for ddon on this site & found no matches whatsoever. So that suggests not a single post, hum.

• Dag.Panco
    10 years ago

Hi everybody!

I made an account on this site, only because I was shocked by your reception to Davide Donati's post.

Your so silent from 2 years member is a well known biologist. He has wrote books you can find on Amazon or on other book-stores:

1. Davide Donati & Carlo Zanovello, Knowing, understanding, growing Turbinicarpus-Rapicactus (Ed. Cactus Trentino SudTirol, 2005)

2. Davide Donati and Carlo Zanovello, Echinocactus, (Ed. Cactus Trentino - SudTirol, 2011)

3. Davide Donati (Author) , Carlo Zanovello, Epithelantha (Ed. Cactus Trentino - SudTirol, 2011)

On another hand, Davide Donati has described new species of cacti and has wrote many other articles in specialized publications.

I think, it is easier to check a name on Google - Acta Succulenta - than make a so disgraceful reception to somebody who work for everybody, sharing free knowledge.

Dag Panco - senior editor at Xerophilia*

* - Xerophilia is not a virus, but a journal who published 2 Davide Donati's articles

• brodyjames_gw
    10 years ago

Dag,
    Since ddon did not introduce/identify himself, and as Rosemarie pointed out, hasn't posted anything on this site, you can see why she (and we) would be a little hesitant. Her response was not disgraceful, but polite with caution.
    Thank you for enlightening us on who ddon is, and for identifying yourself for those of us in the U.S. (who are the predominant users of this site), like me, who have never heard of either of you.

Nancy

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

I apologize, to Davide & Dag. My knee-jerk reaction was that I was skeptical he was on the up & up about the info given. I went to check out the website, which seemed actual & came back to post, but couldn't find this post. I thought it had been pulled.

I did find another post on another forum, The Garden Forums, with similar info, but mentioning Davide Donati as the editor. Thank you for enlightening us (making it clear) who Davide (ddon) is & what this is all about. I will check out the online journal. And thanks to all those involved for providing this information for free. =)

• ddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello,
    first of all, thank you Dag Panco.
    Then, I want to present my apologies.
    Generally I don't present my CV, but this time I exagerate, I forgot even my complete name. It was late night, I was tired.
    So I understand your doubts.
    In any case, please try a google search next time ;-)

With my best regards,
    Davide