Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My stapelia

Posted by kathi_mdgd 9 S.Ca (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 22:24

In the next few days I should have some flowers in bloom on one of my staps.I was out cleaning out some of the gardens today and noticed one plant has 4 buds.Stay tuned,and i'll share the pictures when the blooms open.
Kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My stapelia

Very cool! These have always been some of my favorites. I'm hoping to get some in the spring. :)

o

Hello Julianna. I'm here also.
I have a lot that seems to refuse to bloom, so I can't be sure what they are. It's too late for them here in my neck of the woods. Another year to wait. Still got some really nice ones this year.
Stush

o

Hi Stush! I think this is where I first knew you from :) I've been on here on and off since 1998 or 1999, but I became pretty inactive after about 2006. Refusal to bloom is always annoying!

o

Kathi- where did you get your stap? I've always wanted one- the amazing flowers they have are so darn stunning! I'm also in southern CA. In OC :-)

Chuy

o

I love those too.

My stapelia keep giving me new growth but no buds.

Looking forwards to see your booms.

o

The flowers were partially open today,and I did take a few pictures,just havn't uploaded them yet.Tomorrow they should be open all the way.

Chuy,i've had mine for years and really don't remember where I got them,but I think it started out with a piece from a friend,who has since passed away.

I have several starts going as well if you're interested.Email me thru my page.Put GW in the subject so I don't delete it with out looking.

Hope to share some pictures tomorrow.
Kathi

o

Kathi-- are you growing yours in a pot or in the ground? I saw some really nice stapelias in the ground plantings at the Mission San Juan Capistrano when we went this past January.

o

Kathi- thank you very much for your response. I have had troubles finding them near me :(. Will email you.

Julianna- I am surprised and happy you found some at the Mission!! I live about a mile from there. Will have to stop by one day to take pics ;-). Amazing blooms they have- just beautiful.

Chuy

o

Chuy-- I'll look at my pictures and see if I took one of them. If I recall correctly, they are over on the side garden toward the back of the mission complex-- by the wall and fountain area. I'm probably not describing that very well lol. If you do go, I'd really love to know which kind they had planted. I emailed but never received a response.

o

Julianna- I'm hoping if I do go any time soon- the staff will hopefully know what kind is planted. Crossing my fingers they'll know. Lol.

Chuy

o

Chuy,
Please take your camera. It would be like all of us going. ha ha .
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here