Babies everywhere

Bringing my succs inside, I noticed that there are few with babies:
possibly Sans trifasciata hahnii

This post was edited by rina_ on Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 22:42

Comments (11)

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This aloe was already divided in July (separated 3 babies from mom), there are 8 (!) more now:

This post was edited by rina_ on Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 10:27

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another one: (E. Doris Taylor?)

This post was edited by rina_ on Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 22:47

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aloe variegata/Pheasant breast/Tiger aloe - first baby appeared back in January:

This post was edited by rina_ on Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 22:40

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

Rina,
    Your first photo is correct but it's full name is Sansevieria trifasciata hahnii 'Jade Dwarf Marginated'. and a very nice one at that. If you start any from leaf cuttings, they will come out all dark called S.t.h. 'Jade'.
    Nice collection going.
    Stush

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

I agree, and I'm always in awe of anyone growing Aloe variegata so well (it seems most can but it remains beyond my ken). That Sans will bust your pot soon like a knockout punch.

• 0nametaken0
    10 years ago

rina you give me so much hope with all your beautiful succ pics. I started this past spring with semps and succulents and am located in Toronto. Good to see you are growing them so nicely.

• Colleen E
    10 years ago

Yep, that A. variegata gets out of control fast. I know 'cause mine became very out of control this summer...I need to split up some pups! The flower show it produces is progressively better each year.

• marquest
    10 years ago

Beautiful Rina. I love aloes. They seem to like me and my non-care, care, I do not like plants I have to baby and they seem to like being ignored.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Stush

Thank you for the correct name & growing tip; I'll definitely try to grow some from leaf cutting - never tried that with sans. Should it be repotted into larger pot or could stay as is? This is actually my first san; I also have a tiny s. cylindrica but it doesn't look like it's growing. Got it abt. 2yrs ago...here is the photo. My son is giving me his 2 pots of sans - do not know what they are yet. I'll post photo when I get them.

Jeff
    That aloe variegate seems to be really easy - should you want pups, let me know.

NT
    Good to hear from another Torontonian! It seems to me that less I fuss about them, better they are doing...

Colleen
    Mine had first flowers this year and started pupping just about same time. It has been growing really good lately, seems to be pretty sturdy plant.

Marquest
    Repeating myself - less fussing, better growing lately for me (not by choice-have been extremely busy & almost neglecting my plants-I think they got watered about 1 in 10-12 days, if!), but they actually look better to me.

Thank you all for nice comments. Rina

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

Rina,
    I would let the Dwarf Jade alone for now. Maybe come spring you can pot it up larger or seperate into many. The other Sans. looks to be ok but all of a sudden it will take off and do it's job of splitting pots. Keep potted into a small pot.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Beautiful, well-grown plants! Love 'em!

Josh