Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_shau

Help IDing some succulents?

a_shau
10 years ago

Hi, I would love some help in identifying these guys. I have a hard time distinguishing between aeoniums vs. echeveria vs. graptoveria sometimes. And there are just some I plain have no idea what they are.

1) Some type of echeveria? {{gwi:685900}}

2) this one looked like an echeveria when it was short, but now it's like a little tower. {{gwi:685902}}

3) Aeonium or echeveria? {{gwi:685904}}

4) These two little guys: Graptoveria or graptopetalum? {{gwi:685906}}

5) What kind of echeveria? One of my favorites: {{gwi:685907}}

6) Echeveria or graptoveria?{{gwi:685908}}

7) The tall one in the back: {{gwi:685909}}

Thanks all!

Comments (9)

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Will have to do some more research on a few, but not until I've had more coffee! For now...

1. yes, an Echeveria, but could be one of several
    2. is a puzzler ~I think I saw in another of your posts~ almost looks like an Echeveria inflorescence (could we see another side shot & maybe closer view of a leaf, plz?)
    3. yes, an Echeveria, looks somewhat like 'Imbricata', but think we have to wait for it to grow more to say for certain
    4. yes, both look like Grapto-somethings (lower one might have Pachyphytum in it)
    5. Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'
    6. to me, looks most like xGraptosedum 'Ghosty'. If it blooms yellow~think that would cinch it
    7. a Sedum, perhaps S. dendroideum ssp. prealtum, which looks like the stem is widened, so may be fasciated or starting to crest, or both!

• a_shau
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow thank you so much! Ok here are some more detailed pics of the tall guy.

as it turns out, I think it is indeed flowering. Once it flowers then we'll probably def. be able to ID it. Will this stem die after it flowers?
    {{gwi:685910}}

{{gwi:685911}}

{{gwi:685912}}

• hablu
    10 years ago

Ditto, what Rosemarie said on all of them.
    Harry

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Thanks for the additional pix, a.shau. Sorry to take so long to get back (busy life). This plant is very peculiar to me. It looks like an inflorescence, but it has no basal rosette...so makes me think it's etiolated. But...the leaves on the stem are larger than would be seen on an inflorescence. Leaves are somewhat like Echeveria moranii, but way too big & not right shape exactly.

Flowers might help some to ID, but may not help to get a species, especially if it's a hybrid. I'm curious! Please post when it blooms!

As insurance, maybe take a lower leaf off & try to propagate-make a new plant, just in case.

• a_shau
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Will def post pictures when it blooms. Also, this might help (or not). Here's an old picture of it before it started to grow really tall.

It's the one on the lower left - the very purple-ish guy.

{{gwi:685913}}

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Thanks for the earlier pic of this plant. Yes, more recognizable that way. An Echeveria hybrid I think, but cannot find a match, so may not be named...or is new. Can you see the sign of any buds at the top of the stem? If you see buds, I'd definitely try to propagate a few leaves. If not, it may just be the plant elongating. I have one Echeveria hybrid right now that has one long flowering stem & another long stem that seems to just have a rosette at the end. Odd thing, but it is happening! :P

• a_shau
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think these are the beginnings of the buds. Hopefully it's not too late to take some of its leaves.

{{gwi:632561}}

Does that mean this whole plant will die after the flowering? Someone mentioned that some pups may grow off to the side?

thanks!

• norma_2006
    10 years ago

Hold back water during the summer months or they will drop too many leaves. They all grow better in the Winter or Spring, depending on species. I just don't have the time to looks them for you right now, the Crasulaceae including Sedum, Aeonium, Sempervisum etc. family is considered one of the largest, I promise I will not name a plant if I am not absoutely sure. The are all really easy to restart, if they get leggy, and that I can help you with. Graptopetalums, have a white spot on the tips of the leaves, the flowers most will have a red line on each petal. and have small flowers. The end. Norma

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

I think Number 2 could be a crassula. They usually hAve flowers like that.

Mark

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia