Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marquest_gw

Hey cactusmcharris

marquest
12 years ago

Jeff awhile back I promised to post some pics of the plants you sent me when you lived in sunny California. Those were the days my friend. LOL

Just had to tell you. That you got me started and I appreciate your genorisity.

The Wikipidia description should have your pic. LOL

Generosity is the habit of giving freely without expecting anything in return. It can involve offering time, assets or talents to aid someone in need.

{{gwi:687653}}

{{gwi:632367}}

{{gwi:687656}}

Comments (7)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    12 years ago

You're making me warm and fuzzy on this cool and dark morning. Thank you for the memories of many Saturday mornings mailing out 10-15 boxes to all points U.S (and, thanks to the USPS Priority Mail, a package in SD on Saturday would get to the East Coast on Monday, But I digress...) and the thrill of enlarging someone's collection (for a mere $6-10, one got almost 3 lbs. of succulents, and I believe Ms. Marquest was a regular subscriber to the Succulent Sendoff, IIRC). It was people like you who made it a joy, and I have to admit, after establishing some ground rules, it was remarkably painless (unless you count the Aloe attacks), in terms of problems. Yep, those were the days, but then, these are, too. As you were a recurring pleasure to mail to (Pennsylvania, right?), you got more than the usual initial stock offering, didn't you?

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Good for you, Jeff, in your generosity! And good for you, marquest, for taking good care of the treasures you received!

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes Jeff before you and the one I call my plant physic (Rosemarie), I thought that I hated succulents and cactus. You have a good memory...yep it was Steeler Country where your kids are living now.

One day I was bumping around GW and saw you were offering a box. So I decided to try. I had never grown them let alone tried to root them. I was traveling a lot back then. I would leave Monday to some state in the US or Puerto Rico and return Friday and see they were not dead. I would squirt them with a little water and soon they rooted. and the rest is history. LOL

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

Hey Marquest.

You have yourself some beauties there thanks to Jeff's generosity and your good growing skills. Very nice:-) In fact beautiful.

Mike

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Mike, I have been trying to develop a desert garden using hardy and tender plants. I take them out and put them in the garden in the summer bring the tender in every winter. Next year I will post the finished garden.

I think I have finally got the garden I dreamed of thanks to Jeff.

• micki
    12 years ago

These plants look wonderful, you all really are a tight knit community, I hope to be polite to all, Micki Newbie to succulents but not to plants in general (greenhouses, perrenials etc for 20 yrs)

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Micki, Welcome to the group. I am not real active here but there are many that are very informative, helpful, and supportive in the addiction. LOL

If you are not ready to get hooked run for your life while you have the chance, J/K