Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oxalis gigantea

Posted by prayerrock zone 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 15, 11 at 1:06

Hi everyone, I am looking for the Oxalis gigantea. I had one and lost it. I really love this plant, if anyone knows were I can get this please let me know I would be most appreciative.

mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oxalis gigantea

Annie's Annuals sometimes has it in stock. If you know anyone in CA that lives near Annie's you might ask them to drop by and look for it. I've gotten plants that are listed as being out of stock on their site. Grassy Knoll carries Oxalis carnosa which is a caudiciform type of oxalis.

o

I can't help you, but oxalis is a dirty word at my place, normally uttered after other appropriate expletives.

Brad

o

I'm in S. Cal. Where is Annie's?

o

Thank you karyn1 I most certainly will look into those.

pennyhal, I am not sure were in Cal. it is but I will try to find out, thanks:).

Brad, ya i know all about oxalis being a dirty word in my yard..lol Oh but oxalis gigantea is a most wonderful plant, worth seeking out.

Mary

o

Annie's is located at 740 Market Ave. in Richmond, CA.

o

Sorry, Richmond is up North. Otherwise I would have enjoyed a trip over to that side of the bay.

o

I googled it, cool looking plant. There was a post from Gardenweb that came up suggesting that it was available from Arid Lands. Not sure if that helps but worth a try.
Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here