Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elephants

Posted by Beachplants Z11 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 2:12

We have been looking for Ellies again, and I thought I would share a few with you! I have been a little less active, but I have learned that I am going to be a first time dad! So late in the game our lives are about to change from next year!

Anyway, here they are!
Photobucket

Anyone see a Ellie take a bath? NO, well here us a sequence of pictures...Our actor is a young elephant
Addo Elephants

so, first, the belly
Addo Elephants
then the face
Addo Elephants
more face, head and neck
Addo Elephants
now for sides
Addo Elephants
other side
Addo Elephants
behind the ears as mom showed
Addo Elephants
other ear
Photobucket

Sjoe, no we are hungry - lets go look for a nice "brunch"!
Addo Elephants

Hope you enjoy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elephants

What a wonderful site.... thank you so much for sharing and Congratulations. May all of you be healthy and content. Don't know how "late" things are but I had my last child when I was 44 and I have been so fortunate to have had 21 years of shear bliss!!!!!!

o

Great news about the baby ...Great photos of this large extended family. That bush looks impenetrable.Please tell me there is a path.

o

Congratulations!

Thanks for the elephant pics. Wonderful!

o

Thanks, biker 44 is about right! First sonar tomorrow!

Mara, it is, but there are paths as well - but the ellies do not really care if they want to walk they do. We know when they are close - lots of broken branches and heaps that would make a poodle vanish!! LOL!

o
baby

Say Hello to Peanut! That's his/her pet name for now. LOL! (9 weeks, strong heartbeat)

o

What wonderful pics. I love elephants. How cool to see them in their natural habitat. Congratulations on your wife's pregnancy. I was 42 and my DH 49 when we had our last child. It will keep you young, although you might occasionally feel like you could be the parent of some of his or her friend's parents when they're school age. lol

o

Thanks Karyn. They say so, already working on getting a little fitter! LOL!

o

Congratulations, Rian! Our girls are 7 years and 14 months, both provide us endless joy, amongst other things. I wish you and your wife a healthy term and good luck.

Nice elephants.

o

Thanks. Take it one day at a time.

o

Congrats! Loved your elephant pics, too, thanks for sharing!

I still call my son peanut although he is almost 8 now. My first thought when he was born (besides "ouch!") was that he's no bigger than a peanut. Obviously that has changed, but the name has stuck.

Karyn, I agree. This little guy "stole" my 37th birthday (whew!) so I'm one of the oldest parents at class functions. ...but as they age and I remain 36, it's all good, right!?

o

I may look more like granddad by high school, but hey, at least I will have fun! We where both big babies! I may not be very welcome for a month either side of the birth! LOL!

o

Congrats, Rian!

Nice elephant pics too!

o

Thanks Paul!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here