Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djbrandon199

Plant IDs!

djbrandon199
9 years ago

I just need a few plants ID'd. Also, anything I can do about their light situation, they're not getting enough. They do great when I take them outside once it's warm out, but that's not an option anymore. (My phone will only let me upload one at a time, btw)

Comments (10)

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The second plant

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The third

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The fourth

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The fifth and sixth

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    9 years ago

First might be a Graptopetalum or a Graptoveria hybrid.

Third is Echeveria 'Black Knight'

Fourth is Crassula arborescens, Silver Dollar Jade

Fifth is Crassula falcata. Looks like Haworthia back left. The light green ???

Last picture is very dark and hard to see. Looks like a Haworthia. If any leaves are in good condition, you may be able to root them and generate new plants.

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Thu, Nov 13, 14 at 11:24

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Long story short, this one started to rot and there's no saving it. I still want to get it ID'd in case I come across another one. It was one of my favorites

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I would like an ID the light green one please. How would I properly root the leaf? I've tried rooting graptopetalum leaves before, but they always rot before they can grow roots.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

What did you do with the leaves when trying to root?
    You could 'stick' them in the mix, or just leave them sitting out of it.
    Most of them will grow roots very easily.
    One in the large photo grew from the fallen leave I didn't even know it was there (it is in the pot with terrestrial orchid Ludisia) - circled is original leave.

Howard (bikerdoc) posted pictorial on this thread (there are other threads) of how he roots them:
    click here

I mostly let them sit on top of mix or even a tray. They root...(There are few succulents that are more difficult to grow from leaves).

Gollum from leaves:
    {{gwi:690528}} {{gwi:690530}}

Perle von Nurmberg from leave:
    {{gwi:690532}} {{gwi:690535}} {{gwi:690538}}

Other succs from leaves:
    {{gwi:690539}} {{gwi:690541}} {{gwi:690543}} {{gwi:690545}} {{gwi:690548}} {{gwi:690550}}

I usually put some potting mix over the roots when I see little plant forming, or potting them into small pots individually. No fuss-but easy.

Rina

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I do the same thing when rooting leaves. I know what to do, but I don't really know what the problem is. It might be lighting. The only good window I have is large slider on the west side of the house. It gets about two or so hours of direct sunlight, but is usually bright all day.

• djbrandon199
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I do the same thing when rooting leaves. I know what to do, but I don't really know what the problem is. It might be lighting. The only good window I have is large slider on the west side of the house. It gets about two or so hours of direct sunlight, but is usually bright all day.