Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seedmoney

Please identify my Echeveria

seedmoney
9 years ago

Morning,
This fine Echeveria deserves a (correct!) name...Can you help? It's growing in a 3-inch pot, is pale blue, leaves are keeled and outlined in pink. There is a pink spine at the tip of each leaf. Seems to be an off-setting, smaller variety. Thanks for your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Please identify my Echeveria

Comments (8)

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    9 years ago

Julie, I wonder if it might be a Pachyveria hybrid?????

• seedmoney
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ooh..that had not crossed my mind, interesting...
    Care to take a guess as to which one?

• spapa
    9 years ago

Your plant is Echeveria 'Alfred'

• seedmoney
    Original Author
    9 years ago

spapa,
    Wow!
    Echeveria 'Alfred' is a perfect match. I really appreciate your help--NEVER would have gotten that on my own. :-0
    Thank you!

oops...edited to reflect Echeveria and not Euphorbia

This post was edited by seedmoney on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 17:34

• spapa
    9 years ago

No problem! I just recently discovered this hybrid myself :) Saw it on a list of plants for sale and had to look it up. Seems to be more common in Korea and Japan, not so much here.

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

Julie, Your plant looks a bit more chunky than mine, but it does seem to be a match. (You did mean Echeveria, not Euphorbia, right?)

This plant was named after my dear friend, Al Waltemyer (rest in peace), by his partner, Bernie. He sent me the plant, but it croaked, as I was not watching it carefully & the mealies got it. :( Mine looked more like the one at the site linked below.

It's only been available for the last year or so. Where did you buy it? I'm hoping to replace mine. I see it was sold recently on eBay. (not "rare" and not "old", as they state there).

You can see more info on it at crassulaceae.net

Here is a link that might be useful: Echeveria 'Alfred'

• seedmoney
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Roro,
    I got my 'Alfred' at a "mom and pop" type nursery that always carries interesting items they know nothing about!
    This particular nursery imports many (unnamed) succulents from Costa Farms in Florida and also from that massive outfit out of Canada whose name I cannot recall that labels all its plants simply as "succulents".
    Of course I won't be 100% certain that my plant is indeed 'Alfred' until he blooms. But this plant definitely has pulidonis in its blood and it does resemble all the pictures I have seen of 'Alfred' in that all the leaves carry the imprint of its sib etched in to it.
    Roro, please e-mail me your addy--I want to send you some pups of this plant to remember your friend by.

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

Aww, Thanks SO much, Julie! Very kind & generous of you! Will send email in a minute.

Al's partner, Bernie, had plants sent to a friend of mine to hold till some havoc in my life settled down. Once I received the plants, I neglected them ~not quite off my roller coaster ride. Bernie sent plants to several people in the hopes they would propagate them & get them distributed in many areas. I dropped the ball. :( You will be helping the cause...hoping they flower & you find you do indeed have 'Alfred'. I sure hope so!