Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mesopogi92

My Cactus and Succulent Plants (Pictures)

mesopogi92
12 years ago

I was just in the mood to show pics of some of my plants.

Jade

{{gwi:694414}}

String of Pearls(Left) and Lithops(Right)

{{gwi:694416}}

Gollum Jade

{{gwi:694419}}

Aloe Vera

{{gwi:694422}}

Old Man Cactus

{{gwi:694425}}

I think this is a Queen of The Night(I had this plant for 4 years and it hasn't flowered at all...any tips?)

{{gwi:694427}}

Cutting from queen of the night

{{gwi:694430}}

Crown of Thorns(Sorry for ad quality...)

{{gwi:694434}}

Hoya

{{gwi:694437}}

Dessert Rose(I pruned it this summer...)

{{gwi:694439}}

and all of them under a grow l{{gwi:694442}}ight

Comments (16)

• Beachplants
    12 years ago

Love the "bum" on the desert rose!

• mesopogi92
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HAHA!!! Its the reason why i bought it LOL!

• CorpsmanCooper
    12 years ago

OMG Beachplants I was thinking the same darn thing! It made me giggle! LOL Mesopogi, I totally would have bought it for that reason too! Nice plants by the way! Although, because of the butt I have to say your DR is my favorite! LOL Thanks for the laugh!

~Erin~

• mesopogi92
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HAHA!!! Im glad its making everyone laugh :D

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Yes, we've had some very interesting shapes here...Trichocereus Bridgesii f. monstrosa still makes me laugh when I get into a "let's look at other people's plants for fun today" mood! I'll have to say that I haven't considered myself a jade person, but I do enjoy the jades you have.

• ladylotus
    12 years ago

Meso, what a fantastic collection of plants. I have a hoya similar to yours. I've had it for many years and it is not grown at all. Is yours really slow growing as well?

I love your little hiney too. Made me laugh out loud. I would have bought that one too. ha ha.

Thank you for sharing.

• mesopogi92
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you pennyhal!

and ladylotus..i had that hoya for only a year and a half...when i first got it, it only had around 10 leaves on it...but yeah its one of the slower growers

• mesopogi92
    Original Author
    12 years ago

By the way pennyhal.. What makes you like my jade out of all the other ones you saw?

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Mesopogi92,

I think i have the "sister" to your cute looking DR...

Here she is....LOL!!!

{{gwi:3228}}

They would make a cute pair... : )

Take care,

Laura in VB

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

Nice "buns". All four of them. :)

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Well, Laura, looks like a lot of junk in that trunk! How old is it to have so many leaves on it?

mesopogi92m We've seen a lot of magnificent jades on this Forum in all their glorious colors! Maybe it's the lighting in your photo, but yours look green, maybe a tip of color. But I like green. And I liked the way they are growing, not so angular. That's all! Watch, the next post will have this knock your socks off jade photo and I'll go "oh, I like that one too!"

• CorpsmanCooper
    12 years ago

I'm literally laughing over here! The bums on those plants crack me up! Nature has an odd sense of humor sometimes!

~Erin~

• mesopogi92
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@loveplants2 HAHAHA!!!! They would make a good couple!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Mesopogi,

IT is really cute... They look like the "the pair.." LOL!!!

Pennyhal,

She does have junk in her trunk!!!! And has an attitude too! LOL When the seed pod was forming, it looked like she was giving the "sign" when someone wants to say hello when they are mad..LOL!!! Ive had fun with my DR's..they all have different personalities!!! This one is about 6 or 7 years old.. Thanks.. : ) I cut her back hard this summer and she is ready for another haircut this early spring...Thanks to a good friend who twisted my arm to cut them back!!! : )

Take care,

Laura in VB

• mari66
    12 years ago

Hello all
    Yes I am smiling too--Nature at her finest !!! LOL
    Mari

• greyghost61
    12 years ago

I have a number of the NBCs and they bloom all the time, dang near off and on all summer. I keep them outside once danger of a freeze has passed, that is the only thing I do with them. I live in an area with high humidity and hot summer days and sultry, sticky summer nights. Some are in full sun, others are in part shade or full shade, they all bloom, the ones in full sun tend to get a "red" tint to them (the plants, not the blooms).

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus