Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silenteyesspy

Right on time Thanksgiving Cactus!

silenteyesspy
9 years ago

It will be fully opened on or right before the 27th!! I love how all my Truncatas are always right on time!!

Comments (11)

• silenteyesspy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And the wonderful Xbuckleyi Is right on scheduled for a beautiful Dec. 25th spectacular!!!

• Crenda 10A SW FL
    9 years ago

How exciting! Beautiful plants.
    My plants are like me - always late. My mother likes to remind me that I was a 10-month baby and couldn't even do that on time! I tell her - and my TCs - it was worth the wait. LOL

• silenteyesspy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Late isn't anything bad! It'll be just as beautiful!! I always get overly excited during these months when all my Schlums start opening!! I hope you will continue to share yours on here as it progresses! Would love to see your color!

• Crenda 10A SW FL
    9 years ago

Yes - I can bemoan missing the main party, or sit back and enjoy the show whenever it arrives! I seem to be loaded with buds this year, so I am excited, too. Will share when the time arrives.

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Here is mine, blooming today

• Crenda 10A SW FL
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

Great pics. The colors are just amazing!
    Karen

• val1
    9 years ago

I am not having much luck with my older Thanksgiving Cactus blooming this year. They were a little neglected as we traveled a lot this summer. However, my Christmas Cactus is early and I have a few blooms on it. I also treated myself to a few new ones last Friday.

{{gwi:694722}}

Beach Dancer
    {{gwi:694723}}
    {{gwi:694724}}

Maruska
    {{gwi:694725}}

Pink NOID{{gwi:694726}}

The lady at the nursery also gave me some cuttings of Christen (or Cristin). {{gwi:694727}}

We also got a new kitten. Thus the plastic forks sticking out of my other plants. She was rolling and playing in them. So far the forks have worked. We also got a squirt bottle to keep her off of the table.

• MsGreenFinger GW
    9 years ago

My new TC cactus dropped all the buds but one. Anyone knows why? It started right after I brought it home.

• byron_pdx
    9 years ago

Here are a couple of photos of my NOID salmon. It gets filtered west window light and is preparing a nice show for Thanksgiving.

{{gwi:694728}}

{{gwi:694729}}

I used to have a large pot with red, white, pink and salmon plants, but lost it several years ago. Am getting back into CC/TC, and enjoy them as much as my violets, streps and phals!

--Byron.

This post was edited by Byron_pdx on Mon, Nov 24, 14 at 15:01

• val1
    9 years ago

MsGreenFinger - Bud drop can happen with the Schlumbergera if the plant is moved or turned. I have had a lot of my new ones drop buds when I first bring them home. The buds orient themselves to the light and can twist themselves off if the direction of the light source changes. Even with my older ones, I keep track of which side is facing the window if I need to move them. Once the buds are larger they become more stable. Here is a link with lots of information, including the info I just gave you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shlumbergera truncata info

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!