Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upload test

Posted by GermanStar none (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 12:01

Hi there, I'm new here and see thread after thread with no pics. So I'm just testing the function.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upload test

Larger pic test.

o

OK, got it -- 640 limit. Ouch.

o

That's a beautiful garden. I hope you do some more tests! :-)

o

The pictures get lost when people edit after clicking preview. Note, the pic info isn't still in the browse box after clicking preview.

Your landscape looks basically carefree, and quite striking. Nice!

o

I found if you use the back button to edit your message you don't lose the picture. Now if I could only edit my dumb mistakes after I've posted I'd be a happy camper.

Annette

o

Thanks for your kind words. I'm sortuva forum junkie, but I confess I haven't encountered one quite this "quaint" in many years. That's OK, it isn't the software that makes the forum, it's the members!

I didn't realize that it's necessary to add Zone to each post, as if I hadn't completed that part my profile. How odd...

o

Very Nice!!
JoJo

o

German, adding zone to post should "stick" after the first time, but that is a gremlin that's haunted these forums for many years.

AfterM, you're right, clicking back also works. Don't understand why they don't fix this. All those worthless extra uploads have to be unnecessarily taxing to the system's resources.

I always admire people who can love the prickly plants. I just can't except in pictures.

o

'I'm sortuva forum junkie'

GS, your gift for understatement is exceeded only by your welcome here.

o

You have no idea Mr. Charris. :-) I have more than 40K posts at just one of the Mercedes forums I administer.

o

Glad to see over here GS. Nice to have someone else as crazy (or more so) about Agaves as me.

o

Good to see you over here GS, and Chadec, GS is way crazier about agaves than us but they he can grow so many more types of them than we cn in our climates. I would be right there if I was in a warmer drier place..

For your info, I like to download my photos off my flicker library and I copy the HTML Code and paste them in my text directly, and I can also do multiple downloads this way, and they can be THIS big each.

Untitled

o

Thanks all for the warm welcome, and that is definitely a better way to go pic-wise.

And yes, my obsession is undoubtedly screaming for a full-blown intervention.

o

Well, you have come to WRONG place if an intervention is what you are looking for.

o

No doubt, GW = enabling central.

o

Little bigger...

o

Welcome GS! I've seen you over at Xeric though I'm pretty much a lurker there.
This site is a bit different but we have a great community.

Mara, thanks for the tip, I think I'll start using Flickr.

o

Yes , I like flicker. If you click on the image it opens up on my profile larger still. And if you click on it again it will "enbiggen" again. There is a free flicker but the amount if pictures allowed is not enough for me so I do have to pay $24 a year. I use photos for my work so I am cool with paying for an unlimited amount of photos. I can make slideshows of sets and send photos off to clients. I am unsure how the access is for non member users. I do not know if you can get to my other photos on my stream or my other sets , or if you are just limited to the one I posted.

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 22:18

Mara

one can see 2306 photos of yours on flicker (in few sizes too)...great plants and 'other stuff'!

Rina

o

That is good to know. Thankyou for telling me. Yea... that otherstuff. LOL

o

Don't know what came over me, I don't need an intervention. I only have 185 Agaves in the ground plus 338 pups for a total of 523. Completely under control.

o

You definitely can handle those few plants.lol Im guessing very few of those have to go inside? But how many will you end up with next year and the year after? In my colder zone Im already out of room in my building, with only 200 various agaves, palms and bananas.

o

I have nine Agaves potted because they are reportedly tender. These include:

A. decipiens
A. guadalajarana
A. guiengola
A. horrida ssp. horrida
A. impressa
A. isthmensis 'Kissho Kan'
A. nizandensis
A. potatorum 'Snowfall'
A. tequilana 'Sunrise'

Potted plants stay outside full time, unless the forecast dictates an overnight move into the garage or the observatory. That said, the last two on the list will see ground this spring, and I may try A. decipiens as well -- just gonna hope for the best. These are fairly large plants I can only pot for so long. I have another A. guiengola in a raised bed, and another little 'Kissho Kan' in the ground as an experiment. Each made it through last winter, but it was exceptionally mild.

Is "my building" a reference to a greenhouse? I wouldn't mind a shadehouse, but no room...

o

I feel the same way about Coleus. You're fine, so am I!!

o

My building is a 12x12 wooden building. I used it as a work shop before I started collecting plants. Since it has electricity and heated I installed several lights. I store 200 potted plants during winter.

o

About the size of our Observatory, but it doesn't have a heat source or windows. Luckily, there is a heated outdoor storage area in back (HVAC vented) for the occasional sub-freezing night, and the garage works splendidly in front. That's nice you have that, storing plants for 10-12 weeks is a much larger issue than we have to deal with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here