Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Out With The Old, In With The Shoe:

Posted by hijole 9 Sunny California (aguilerag2@aol.com) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 12:14

Didn't take much to shoe horn these succulents.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Out With The Old, In With The Shoe:

• Posted by Ron4310 6B West Kelowna BC (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 12:23

Looks great!

o

Wow I have seen shoes planted before but that one has class. LOL

o

Best use of pointless footwear ever! Looks cool.

o

Considering you used a shoe ... a member of the Stapelia family would have been an amusing choice of plant. heh

o

Greg, last Spring, the Bangor Flower & Bulb show had an exhibit of something similar. The Bangor Garden Club's members chose plants & shoes that went best together. Some were succulents, some floral & some vining. Might have even had a cactus, cant remember. They also had asked local artists for paintings that would best 'match' or enhance the shoe/plant arrangement. People got to vote on their favorite display and painting, and which they thought was best matched.
Fun!
And, good match up, Greg.

o

Greg, you're having too much fun down there! ;-)

Josh

o

Greg...lol...Not bad.

Mike

o

Greg,
Plaes tell me those are not your shoes. Nice to hear from you. Come back to the Sans forums.
Stush

o

Thanks everyone,

Please let me start off with responding to "Stush" A resounding NO! those are not my sneekers but rather my wifes shoes,, you missed another post I mentioned she had got rid of some old shoes so I swooped up on them and planted these beauties, and Something I thought of as I was tossing them out I said, "umm this would make for good fast drainage with the high heels."

greenman Josh, Hey you know once the weather gets a lil cold we have too get creative, I also had to bring my Sans. Bantel back inside too, I was just thinking boy back to where we started indoors.
My new shoot has grown about 6 0r 7 inches high so far not bad for a plant that was abused Terribly.

sorry I'll be back just got called out.

Greg

o

No worries, Greg!
I had to bring my Bantel's in, too....about a week ago. It's tucked into a sweet little spot
next to an eastern light exposure now. I still haven't organized the plants; it's one big jumble
in the living room!

Josh

o

Sherryinmaine, Thanks, not bad for a dude huh, Lol...

Mike, Thanks too bro.

Paul, not even sure what that type of plant that is so maybe you can throw one up for us to see.
I'll be looking.

GreenLarry, Pointless is right because this shoe was on it's way to shoe heaven quick. :)

Polly, Class is right and the students are the succulents Lol... Just kidding class, I get it CLASS, Yeah baby!!!

Ron 4310, Thanks to all.fun times in the garden.

Greg

o

That's so much more attractive than a cottage cheese tub or so many of my other "pots." Cool idea!

o

Posted by hijole
Paul, not even sure what that type of plant that is so maybe you can throw one up for us to see.
I'll be looking.

Stapelia? I'm sure you seen pics of them before, Greg. Succulents with star/starfish shaped flowers -- some very large -- and many noted for their ... ahem ... "fragrance".

Here is a link that might be useful: Stapelia photos via Google

o

Awesome I'll find another shoe and plant it in, of course I need to find the plant 1st, nice spieces.

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here