Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Succulent Trade / Gifting - Not a Succulent Sendoff, alas

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 12:22

So, since the Exchange page is forbidden to furriners, both those always and those sometimes, I'm posting this here, in somewhat violation of the rules, but also to let you know I'll be down in the States in December and wanted to send some of you some plant gifts. Many of you I've sent plants to in the past. I'm suggesting that I'll send you something in my current collection which I have extras of that you don't have, you send me something that I don't have (or did when I sent you the plant cuttings originally). Sort of like a gift exchange, except that I'm not likely able to entertain all requests which offer plants I'm not interested in - my collection has to be a little selective due to the lack of a greenhouse.

Anyway, you can send me an email to me via my screen name and I'll respond to you privately.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, and possibly acquiring some plants I had 6 years ago but don't anymore.

Happy Thanksgiving to You And Yours

Follow-Up Postings:

o
But wait - there's less

All is prefaced with the need for you to want the plants I have extras of - overgenerous fairness is usually the rule I pack the boxes of delight with.

o
RE: Succulent Trade / Gifting - Not a Succulent Sendoff, alas

Oh, it's too bad I don't have anything you'd likely be interested in!

o

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 14:33

Jeff,
You are the one that always has the neat plants that I want. I know I have nothing out of the ordinary that you would want. Too bad for me.....
Sharon

o

Jeff, If I may be so bold. Where are you going to in the States. I also don't have anything very valuable, but good old cash. Or is that swearing!! Anyway, hope you enjoy yourself down here. I know in Clearwater, Florida, almost 1/2 the residents are snowbirds from Canada. They stay there almost 6 months. Lucky souls!!
Stush

o

Stush,

I'll be near Phoenix, AZ. I'm sorry I met you six years too late for a Succulent Sendoff. I won't be staying nearly that long, just two weeks.

o

Any chance you can get away for a visit to Chandler while you are here? Don't know if I have anything you'd be interested in for a trade, but we can sit and chat and enjoy the weather and the plants!

o

Hi Tristan!,

That's one of my plans. I intend to contact you privately. Any chance you need some Canadian jade?

o

Great! I hope it works out with your schedule.
No jade needed, but thanks for the offer!
Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Tristan

o

Folks,

Offline conversation with Massa Tom has allowed me to rethink this suggestion. Even back in the day, when I'd make the Succulent Sendoff offer, I'd state that I might not be mailing the package until March/April.....Anyway, I don't know what I was thinking, but the only part of the country I'd feel OK with trading with is the extreme Southwest. If I could, I'd delete this message, but I don't have vetting authority.

Anyway, I'm happy to have met some of you offline, but this offer is Closed For The Winter.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking and plotting and executing plant propagation with a number of you in mind, on two continents,, too, and we'll hope Ol' Man Winter is not exceedingly harsh.

o

Generous offer, Jeff, but even if it wasn't winter iminent, alas I too would have nothing succulent/cacti-wise to offer. Most of my plantage follows other persuasions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here