Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ambercobia801

Christmas Cactus Cuttings...

Ambercobia801
10 years ago

I had/have a Christmas that was my grandma's and someone (roommate�s stupid mother) over-watered it, causing it to drop leaves, wilt, the main stems rotted; the poor thing was just sick. I was SO mad and just about cried. This was about two months ago.

Well, I took several cuttings, let them dry for a night, and potted them in a fast draining soil, have kept the soil fairly dry on the top inch or so, have been misting the cuttings on top. I put them in two separate pots. One pot has a few cuttings that have started to turn dark green close to the soil, so they look like they may not make it. The other pot�s cuttings look a bit plumper and are a medium green, not as green as when it was a healthy plant though. A couple of those cuttings have a bit of dried brown edge on the leaves. I haven't seen any sign of growth on any of them, but they haven't "died." They are a little wilted, but still green and not drying up completely.

I have been babying these things! I just don't know what to expect as far as appearance and growth time/amount. Does this sound normal? Should I keep fighting for these little things, or does it sound like a lost cause?

I lost my grandma, who was my best friend, about a year ago and it will just about kill me to lose her cactus! Any input or suggestions would be so appreciated!

*I will take and post pictures tonight!

Comments (3)