Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

W wonder yellow Jade from a wonderful member!

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

Yes, I am so excited about this one! Thank you so much for your wonderful gift !

I love the yellows on this one!

Mike

{{gwi:702699}}

Comments (25)

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!!
    JoJo

• Colleen E
    11 years ago

Oh wow! Beautiful!

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    11 years ago

Wow. That's a great looking plant!

• silentsurfer
    11 years ago

yup,
    yellowing leaves,,
    seen it B4, sure signs of underwatering,,,
    you need a More water-retentive mix Mike,,,
    take that thing in the bath-tub w/ya, that'll fix-er-up! :)~

• karyn1
    11 years ago

I'll admit that I'm not a huge jade fan but that's an exceptionally pretty variety. I've never seen a yellow jade before. Silentsurfer that cultivar is supposed to be yellow. It's not distressed.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jojo, Teatree, Rob, and yes, Silientsurfer, Thank you!

My good friend says this place sells the most yellowest Jades she has ever seen in your area in California. I am very grateful for this:-)

Mike

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Mike, you always find the prettiest, most colorful Jades. How on earth do you do it, and where do you find them? Hehe.

Would you happen to know the Nursery name in CA? I'd love to order one or two. No room, my sin..lol. Toni

• haxuan
    11 years ago

Mike, that IS some jade! I really love the color.

Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

• nat_lia
    11 years ago

Pretty and colorful jade!
    I have the same question as Toni.
    Would love to buy one for my birthday gift.... :)

Natalia

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Hi Natalia,
    I'm a December baby too! :-)
    I asked my mom for plants for my birthday, but want to shop local and know I wont find anything like this. I hope the place this came from ships and you will be able to get one. :-)

Toni,
    You just got a jade and it would seem that you should be out of room! ;-) lol..

JoJo

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

Mike, what's the name of the nursery?!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

OMG MIKE!!!

I think i am in love!!!

Now, that is one gorgeous Jade. Im with Karyn.. I like the some jades, but this one stand out and says.." I am a classic"

What a gift!!

Sooooooo nice!!

Thanks for the sweet message.. i was working so i couldnt call you back.. sorry! ;-)

You always find the most interesting plants!!

Hi Xuan!! How are you doing over yonder? How is your beautiful grandaughter? My grandson is alread smiling and learning to turn over,, so cute!! I just love seeing it all over again. I notice things that i didn't see when mine were small.. I guess that is why we are here.. to see and enjoy. Love being GRANDPARENTS!!

Good night all...

Toni, Jojo, SS and everyone.. Night!!

Laura

• sanfrancisucculent
    11 years ago

It isn't underwatered, it's a variety called Hummel's Sunset!

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ummm!..I have been so sick, just enough to post to a thread here and there that I totally forgot about this one.

Sorry and thank you so much for all the nice comments! It's nice to share what excites me with those of the same interests as me. God knows I have no one locally here in my area that even cares to look at any of my hundreds of plants and it's sad. So thanks for being here and thanks for this forum!

Let me find out where she got this plant for me and I will let you all know.

Many people familiar here and i wanted to drop by and say hello.

Xuan, how is life across the pond?!

Jojo, what's up and so glad to see you much more often.

Sanfran,Natalia, LauraR,Toni my good friend,Karyn, Silientsurfer, Rob and Teatrea:-)))

Laura...Hello! I just may be able to share this one once I trim it come the spring. It's a most yellow one and not like any of my others!
    No problem. We shall chat soon someday when you are not so high..lol
    Hope you like the gift!

Take care everyone.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

I LOVE MY GIFT!!!

Howe awesome if that?

I love my little Bonsai Maple!!!

It is very happy potted up and outside ready for next spring to be placed in a training container.. i am so excited!! THANk you sweetie!!! XOXOXOXO

to you both.

If you do have a few little yellows hanging around, i would be thankful for your offer... Mahalo!!!

i will be on the ground tomorrow... maybe we can catch up then. i hope you are feeling better.. ill call you!!!

Laura

xoxoxoxo

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

Mike, after reading your posts, you have me all excited for the Mass. Cactus and Succulent show. There's one in Connecticut on April 6 & 7, 2013. I'll have to check that one out too.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

Mike,
    I am glad you got such a wondful gift. You well deserve it. And I think you are the most popular person on this thead. I also agree with you about nobody in my area who loves plants like I do. We are all alone except for here of course.
    Stush

• haxuan
    11 years ago

Howdy Mike, we (my plants, our granddaughter, and me) are doing fine over here.

Our little girl is learning to walk, it's very exciting for her and for us too.

Here's a photo (of Shella) to share with you since I don't have a jade plant :)

Have a nice weekend.

Xuan

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Stush, as you do too:-) Like I said, come the spring, e-mail me and I will share what you like.

Xuan! What a cutie you have there. She is so adorable, better than a jade! I'll bet you are having a lot of fun with her now, even more so than your plants.......:-)
    So good to see you are doing well! I hope it is still warm there..lol

Laura...That's awesome. Wait until you go. You will be in heaven and a lot poorer...hhehehe

Laura, Laura! I am so happy you love it. I KNOW it's in safe hands...You know I will save you a cutting! You must remind me though, oh, about April if the warmer weather ever returns:-)
    And, where was my call????:-)

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 14:50

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    11 years ago

Mike,
    I hope your feeling better.

Also, I noticed that you edited your post..... That's the first I've seen that.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Hello!

Nice bright yellows, Mike.
    Laura, Xuan, wonderful to see you...and that darling little baby.
    Rob, post editing has finally arrived! Woohoo!

Josh

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Mike, you always get the good stuff! But in my care, I am sure that yellow would turn green before you could say, "Merry Christmas."

Christopher

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Josh and Chris, how are you both?

Would you believe that I have had this plant this long and it is still a brilliant color? I have yet to find out where my friend got it but boy was she right when she told me that these are extra yellow. It sure brightens up a spot!

Chris, you are funny..lol

Rob! Thanks for caring. Yes, as Josh says, Woohoo!

Hey Josh:-)

• woodnative
    11 years ago

Mike hope you are feeling better!! We need to move all of us plant people closer together.

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

I've been trying to talk Mike and few others I know into moving someplace warmer like Tucson. ;-) There's plenty of room.
    JoJo