Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone seen Schlums for sale yet?

Posted by julianna 7bAR (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 14:35

Hi all! Has anyone seen the great holiday arrival of the Schlumbergeras in the stores yet? I've been looking around, and none are in this town. I had figured they would come in soon. Curious as to if anyone has seen any.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone seen Schlums for sale yet?

Yep, 100's of them here in the UK in every colour imaginable!! Hope you get to find one a bit closer real soon :)
Gill UK

o

Haha Gill! Yes, hopefully! It sounds like you have an awesome selection. :)

Julianna

o

Hi Julianna...Funny you should ask.I happened to see them just a few hours ago at our local Wally world. only the small 4" pots so far but only in 2 colors (fuchsia and red) so far. Great price price though at $2.92.

Looking for purple and orange...I'm probably not going to find those colors but I keep looking anyways :o)

Lowe's says they should get theirs in next week?

o

Puglvr1-- awesome! I'm looking for basically ALL the colors, but we'll see what comes in. Good to know! We're probably on the same or similar regional schedule.

o

I saw a bunch in many different colors at HD today. I went to get what I had initially gone for, stopped to talked with a lady who was having problems loading her cart, and walked right out forgetting to pick up a plant or 2. Curses. I'll have to go back tomorrow.

o

Exciting! You guys are giving me some hope. I think maybe tomorrow I will need to take a peek.

o

I was finally able to land a Samba Brazil at a local flower store a couple of weeks ago... Schlumbs have been around in stores here for close to one month now...

o

Well hello yet again Lena, nice to see you here also! Nice plant BTW!
Gill UK

o

Yes! HD yesterday 6" for $9.98 and 4" pot for $3.98. Lots of great colors. I picked up a Youp and Nicole and one labeled 'yellow'.
And yes it was necessary to buy three. Why? Because they were there.
Karen

o

Karen-- it was totally necessary. I understand!

Today I'm going to go check again--HD and Lowes. We'll see if anything is there yet. I'm cat sitting, so it's the perfect time to go without having to drag my husband along who doesn't understand this Schlum love :)

o

Very nice TC parodise...You guys in Germany are lucky your TC's come with actual variety names...our does not have the variety name on it, sometimes you won't even find the color of the blooms unless its already open. Usually just says Holiday Cactus or something to that affect ?

LMK if anyone sees orange or purple...and maybe the name of the nursery where it was shipped from...Thanks!

o

I was thinking the same thing about Parodise's lucky find! What a gorgeous little plant!

I'll be on the look out for orange and purple, puglvr1.

o

Never saw the orange or purple TC. I do have an orange EC though.

o

So far I have a white and red TC, but I am trying to find a CC and hoping a random one pops up in a store around here. :s

o

Monday, the tiny WM I cruise by weekly to check the house plant situation (because I have to pass right by it anyway) had cleared everything to the sides, in what looks to be seasonal plant position. The whole middle of the area was empty. Don't remember if TC's come right after mums'n'pansies or if there's something else first down here...

OK, the funny thing is, I want more and I don't know what colors I have yet, between the buds falling off the ones I got last year to obtaining a few cuttings, I just don't know. Doubt I have all colors covered yet, which seems necessary. The word necessary doesn't appear so many times in this discussion by accident.

Great little plant, Parodise!

o

Sign on the closed door

'Gone Schlummin'

You're welcome. I'm here all week.

o

:(

They aren't here yet! Lowes said maybe next week, and HD didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

o

Gill,
good to see you here too! How are your TCs doing over in the UK?

Well, TCs don't come with a name tag here, either, unfortunately, they are called plain "Schlumbergera or Weinachtskaktus". But I knew right away it was a Samba Brasil as I wanted that plant and had been looking for it for a while...I just chanced on it on my way to work and had to make an extra trip to get it. Funnily, the very next day in the evening they were all gone (they had 6 or 7 plants when I was buying mine)... I'm hoping to grow it into a big specimen - its flowers are truly spectacular...
Lena

o

Haven't seen any here so I'll check tomorrow!

o

I found some at my local wal-mart. They were under 3 dollars 4 inch pots.. I believe.

They had red, white and pink.

I got a red for now.. I'm waiting to see if Lowes or HD get bigger plants.

Mark

o

Well - I HAD to go pick up a plant at HD. This peachy colored babe is going to be putting on a show! This 6-inch pot was $9. They had larger and smaller choices between $4 and $15.

Anyone plant several different colors in one pot? Some of those little guys are still calling to me . . .

o

Here's a closeup of the blossom.

o

Jeff, that's pretty hilarious!!

Laura, the only place I've ever seen the orange and purple is through mail order :o(...there's a nursery that sells them online (very small 2" starter) plants but their dead line for orders is Oct. 31...so I guess I'll have to wait till next year?

But, I'm still hopeful that one or both will show up somewhere locally?

Crenda, Nice plants! Several years ago I planted 4 different colors in one pot and it turned out great...Sadly I lost it to root rot because it was planted in a very bad mix and it eventually rotted. I lost my purple and orange TC in that pot..I would love to start a new "multi color" pot of TC this year...but will definitely use the Bark mix that Josh and Mike recommends this time around.

I think you will like it...

Here's a picture of Multi color TC pot from several years ago

It had red, pink, purple and orange...the orange hadn't opened here yet...I'll post a close up of my orange that died.
I really miss that orange one! One of the prettiest color blooms...

o

The orange one I lost :o(...I think it was called "Malindi"

o

Very nice! I can hear those little guys getting louder!

o

Pug, soo sorry! Glad you have those great pics. Kind of scary story though. Are the leaves supposed to look variegated like that? If not, it was already ill it looks like, but blooming. What do you think?

Crenda, I want to see a jigsaw puzzle out of your pic with the screen background.

Jeff, apparently you're NOT there all week, unless 'there' is 'wherever plants are being sold.'

o

Purple...you're so right...though I was excited at first thinking it had a couple of variegated leaves...it turned out to be a deficiency in nutrients its def. not variegated since a couple of applications of fertilizer the variegation disappeared,lol...I think it already was a weak plant to begin with and the peat potting mix it was in only added to staying too wet and I have a heavy hand with the watering can which just helped the rotting issue :o(

o

Sorry that happened, but good to know. Thanks!

o

I've been looking here in Tn and nothing yet. Going back out tomorrow- maybe better luck :)

I liked the statement "my husbands not into Schlums". That's a nice way of saying "my husband has no CLUE about plants" (I've got one of those 2) lol

Nancy, I'm keeping my eye out for you. :o).

Teisa

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 11:57

I went looking yesterday and no Schlumbergera here yet. Last year, one grocery store had named ones which surprised me. They had Cyber Dancer, Exotic Dancer, Youp and a bunch of others. I was looking for yellow at the time so didn't buy any, but am excited to see what they have this year. I just placed an order online for Samba Brazil, Christmas Flame, and Outono Brazil. I hope they arrive safely.

o

Jeff-- forgot to say that I love it!

I wish I could find some named ones around here! I am thinking I'll either have to sell some stuff and order them, or try to work a trade. I'm also looking for Samba Brazil and Outono Brazil amongst others!

o

Hi, After seeing all these Beautiful Holiday Cactus.... I was persuaded to buy this today.

It jumped in my buggy and I felt so sorry for the pitiful thing, I had to rescue it....

o

Teisa wow huge move score

G/l with it

o

Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 23:45

Teisa, nice find. It looks so full and healthy.

I found some (pink, red and white) at Walmart today and had a hard time leaving without one. I wish I had more room for them.

o

Teisa,
amazing catch - love your TC!

Just wanted to add, that having had a good look round the flower stores and garden centers I can say quite a few places around here (southern Germany) offer Samba Brazil this season. From this I would infer, that they began to mass produce it and it should be more broadly available. This might also be true in the US - just an observation and a guess...
Lena

o

Teisa, that is a great find! Simply gorgeous!

I'm glad there are others besides me who have that problem "jumped in my buggy." I have proof now because my husband doesn't believe my story when I tell him that.

I had all different colors and lost them to root rot during the cold weather.

o

Teisa, I appreciate that :o)...Wow!! Look at that Huge TC jumping in your cart,lol...what a great find!! It looks really nice,loaded with buds!

o

I know I should probably make an ID post for this but it seems to be in the Schlum family. I've not had it long and it suffered a bit from a recent move but I still got blooms.

Any ideas?

o

Its a Thanksgiving Cactus...I'm glad its blooming for you, very pretty color!!

o

Agreed, on ID and how pretty it is!

o

I saw some yesterday at a local garden center. 4" pots. Budding up, not in bloom yet. Standard colors it looks like.

o

Standard colors being? Seems like a pretty wide selection for one kind of plant... red, pink, orange, yellow, peach, white. What are the non-standard colors? The ones with 2-color flowers?

o

Standard colors being Red and Red! Hardly ever see any other colors. Maybe a pink every planetary alignment.

o

OK! I went to Walmart yesterday and I saw a pink and white one. There were 3 plants, and I want to get one. I happened to be with the husband, so I put it off, plotting for later. Hopefully Lowes gets some in with different colors.

o

LOL Julianna! I love it...same here except mine is getting smarter.

So, we were at Lowe's the other night and I told him that I needed 10 minutes. I told him to do his own thing because I wanted to look at the Christmas stuff. Well, Christmas stuff is right next to the plants but I couldn't tell him that. He did tell me that he knows I'm plotting to come back and pick some plants up when he's not around.

I haven't seen any at Lowe's, grocery store or nursery, yet; hopefully, soon.

o

The real story, that you were looking at Thanksgiving stuff, sounds perfectly reasonable to me. This is not a holiday that throws itself together that very day, and also has tons of 'stuff' that goes with it. Since you *will* be keeping it them alive, doing great, they're an investment in festive décor for years to come! Won't everyone be more thankful to munch their meal while looking at flowers? What a selfless act, to tend them all year for those few week when everyone finally notices them. Let's all pat ourselves on the back.

"I'm plotting to come back and pick some plants up when he's not around." Well, chyuh! More fit in the car that way. When you get home, you can maybe sit several smaller pots in a larger cache pot - then they're only 1 plant... right?

Anybody else need some good rationalizations? I'm full of 'em.

o

LOL my husband knows I want them too. I'm not fooling him at all. He loves plants, but has way more restraint and logic than I do. Or at least he sticks to it.

Purple-- I am also good at rationalizations! I enjoy yours about the TG stuff. It would work perhaps if we did anything for it. If I pass my first set of dissertation exams, I may be able to rationalize one or two as a gift for myself instead of a celebratory dinner.

I mentioned it in the blooming thread, but maybe with enough people interested, we should consider a CC/TC trade with interested parties.

o

I was in walmart today and they had 4" pots of pink white red but they wanted 6.98 cents per pot.I didn't.get any as I figured I could get them for less at lowes or home depot.
Kathi

o

I was in walmart today and they had 4" pots of pink white red but they wanted 6.98 cents per pot.I didn't.get any as I figured I could get them for less at lowes or home depot.
Kathi

o

I stopped by the closest Lowes to our house to look for any "different" colors. I looked everywhere! Finally stopped someone and the lady said I was like the fith person who had ask her yesterday. She said they didn't and would not be getting any. That they were never shipped to their store!

That sounds like a big loss for them this year! The really large basket, I picked up at the Grocery store!!

o

I got a red and a pink/white from Walmart. I had to get shampoo, went by myself, and of course they fell in. 4" pots for $2.98 each. The red actually was labeled-- Carribean Dancer. I would have not gotten it, but it was labeled, so I figured hey, that way I know!

o

Kathi...Wow!! your walmart is price gouging you,lol...That's quite expensive for that size...I think that is what I they were charging for the 6" baskets here for last year...Suppy in demand I guess?

4" pots at our WM are selling for about the same price as Julianna purchased hers ours are $2.92 and Lowe's and HD are usually about a $1 more...

Congrats Julianna!! How cool you were able to actually find one that's labeled! I'll let you know if I see anything exciting here...Lowe's says it arriving Friday?

o

Ohhh I just looked at the receipt-- it was $2.92! In my mind I rounded up to $3.

With the one being "Carribean Dancer (Red)", I wonder if the other is "Jolly Dancer." I know there is no way to really know, but it does heavily resemble it and I'm wondering if who ever is growing it is growing a series like that.

o

Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 16:44

Julianna, I am excited you found a labeled one at Walmart. I went there yesterday and picked up a white one for the same price as you paid. It was not labeled though. How was yours labeled (sticker, tag)? Mine was from Mid-American Growers in Grantsville, IL.

The grocery store that sold labeled ones here last year said they would get their shipment around Thanksgiving. I am curious to see what they have. They sold a lot of the dancer series last year.

o

Val-- it's a sticker on a plastic plant labeling stick. So it could be moved or removed easily. But it was on a red plant which resembled the CD bloom, so it may be right! No greenhouse information though, or not that I saw. I'll check again when I go home. Right now it's zipped into my secret hidey place in my bag and I am afraid to take it out lest i damage it by trying to force it back in LOL!

o

Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 19:39

Julianna - I would assume is was labeled correctly. I just was wondering what I should look for next time I go to Walmart. I did not see any that were labeled last time, but I didn't look closely at the red or pink because I already have those colors. My white one was in foil with the growers name on a sticker.

I picked up one last year on clearance that I thought might be white (because of the dried blooms), but it ended up being white with dark pink edges. It is blooming now and the other TC are just forming blooms. The funny thing is that my CC is starting to bloom now too. They are in two different areas of my home so they get different light. My CC is downstairs in a south-facing, basement window. And the TC are upstairs in a south-facing window in the kitchen.

o

Val-- mine was also in the foil-y plastic stuff. Cellophane I guess.

I always had good luck with my CC in West and south-facing windows. It's funny, you see so much to-do about that not being good, but meh. I'm a rebel I guess!

Maybe it is the same CC then and the same grower!

o

:/ Lowes just said they don't have an order in and may or may not get any.

HD said maybe, in the next few weeks-- like when live trees come. I don't even know when that is. It's looking grim over here!

o

So excited! I contacted my favorite greenhouse. They said they will be getting in a shipment of 4" and 6" pots next week. This greenhouse carries some unusual and hard to find plants, and although they are usually pricey compared to other places, the quality of their plants is outstanding. I can't wait!

o

Oh yay-- sooo cool!

o
RE: Has anyone seen Schlums sale yet?

Oh yay-- sooo cool!

o

I saw a pretty one with yellow flowers at my local nursery but it was too pricey I thought...$14.99 for a 5" pot.

I'll have to wait for Wally World or hope our Lowe's have them soon.

o

Camellia-- that is high! For that you could get somethine named and awesome off eBay :)

o

Mittengirl, let us know if you find something good!

Camellia, that is very high for a 5" pot..our Aldi Stores had some 5" pots for $3.99 but the buds were SO tiny I had no idea what the bloom colors are, plus where ever they ordered from must use hard water to water their plants...they had water spots on all the leaves, but I guess for that price eventually the "spots" would go away in several months,lol...

Julianna, I can't understand why Lowe's or HD is not likely going to get them in your area, that's just awful!! I hope they change their minds and show up, hoping for the best...

o

puglvr-- I know! This place is one of the oddest I've ever lived though as far as availability of a variety of things including foods. So on the other hand, it's not that unexpected.

o

If it makes you feel a little better my Lowe's told me they were suppose to get them in Friday (yesterday) but they didn't come in...hopefully next week? I live in a pretty small town so I can understand your frustrations...Slim pickins' over here on most things too,lol...

o

Hopefully they will come in for you this next week then! It kind of irks me that they wait so long because the outside temps dip lower and lower, and I hate dragging the tender things around in the cold weather, you know?

o

Saw some at a WM today, $2.92 but the flowers were all finished. Red & hot pink. I wanted white or yellow. I got these instead. Aloe aristata and Senecio crassissimus. Love the purple where the petioles hit the stem.

This post was edited by purpleinopp on Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 18:07

o

Nice! The hot pink was probably the hot pink edged white one they seem to be stocking across the country. Ugh, I wish they would stock more!

o

I also thought 6.98 was too much for a 4" pot that's why I didn't get it.I wasn't even in there for plants,i was looking for the 40# bag of blackoil sunflower seeds for the birds,as that was a terrific buy.Of course they didn't have that either,so I finally found it yesterday at another walmart.Oh it was on sale for 18.87,and the 20# bag was 17.87.So you know I had to get that extra 20# for 1.00 .
Kathi

o

Kathi-- I agree, although if it was nice enough, I'd rationalize it as cheaper than getting one that had to ship :)

o

No yellow, but a diff WM had barely pink:

And white edged with pink, $2.92 as reported:

o

That barely pink is a white actually :) It means the buds were formed at the right temps to increase the pink pigmentation. Same with that egded one. I see a lot of pink in the white part. How exciting!

o

So far only Walmart has gotten in any here-- and only one of our WMs at that! It's looking grim.

Did anyone see the huge TC on eBay? I tried to get some cuttings, but the people aren't interested lol. I love the way a lot of the phylloclades are rounded and the blooms more symmetrical like an x buckleyi. You can tell, though, it has more truncata parentage.

Here is a link that might be useful: TC

o

Saw brand new carts of TC's @ L's & one WM yesterday. Red, orange, pink, white. The other, tiny WM had nothing but pansies, some veggie starts, and cut Christmas trees. Gosh, those won't be a fire hazard at all! I hope L's put their TCs inside, (that L's has inside and outside plant areas.) It's pouring & gusts of wind so strong the house is creaking! (That was my last 'long trip' to save what I could before today's storms drown everything. Got a great looking hanging variegated Hoya & some more tiny plants like my last pic above. That's it for shopping for me until after the new year. Presents to buy & a hard freeze predicted this week should finish everything off left outside.)

o

I stopped off at Lowes on my way here to work and they had TCs, but just red, white, and a fuchsia. No yellow, no orange-- although the red was red-orange. I'm now 98% sure we're not getting any yellows anywhere!

o

Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 13:36

Julianna - I stopped at my Lowes too. All they had was red. I am looking for a salmon one.

Purple - Where are is your WM getting theirs from A&A or Mid-American? I was wondering if the East was supplied by one and the West by another.

o

Val, the 2 I got last week were from A&A. I didn't look at the ones yesterday that closely. Sorry, IDK if they were the same or not.

o

Well, I thought I had a pot of peachy or salmon colored TC. Looks like I have a mix with white. Funny, because I had considered getting a couple of small ones in different colors to put in one pot.

o

Sat, Nov 30, 13 at 2:39

Went ou shopping on Black Friday and found another Thanksgiving Cactus that jumped into my cart. Smith's Marketplace had some on clearance for $3.50. Looked a little closer and noticed that some were labeled "Christmas Fantasy". It is finished blooming for now, so I am hoping the label is correct.

o

Crenda-- how awesome!

Val-- that's some find! Hopefully that label is correct. I find it kind of funny how you keep getting things on my list of wants lol.

o

Our WM had yellow last year, I picked up a HUGE yellow labeled 'limelight dancer." So when temps warm up a bit here...right now it's freezing temps I'll be oh so happy to share. Also tucked away in corners (where DH cannot see) are a few darker yellow TC. Labels read, 'yellow'.
I am always on the lookout for a new TC/CC I need.
Karen

o

Awesome, Karen! I wasn't sure if you had gotten my last message or not. :)

o
Schlums for sale yet?

dupe

This post was edited by julianna on Sat, Nov 30, 13 at 13:30

o
lalalalala stop rejecting my message

Awesome, Karen! I wasn't sure if you had gotten my last message or not. :)

o

Sorry guys weird hiccup-- kept saying it was rejecting my message when clearly what it really meant was "we're going to post your message a billionty times."

o

Sorry guys weird hiccup-- kept saying it was rejecting my message when clearly what it really meant was "we're going to post your message a billionty times."

o

Sat, Nov 30, 13 at 16:54

Julianna - I was excited. I can't stop looking at them when I am out and about. I certainly do not need any more right now. Including my Christmas and Easter cactus, I have twelve.

Karen - I also picked up a yellow at WM last year. It was not labeled but I believe it is Limelight Dancer. Glad to hear you got a labeled one since it confirms my belief. I would love to see pics.

o

Well, I bought a little white and pink one the day before thanxgiving...but then my mom surprised me with this beauty! I'm glad they don't have the same light needs ( or I've read online) that other cacti have... Then I'd be in big trouble.

o

Snailprincess-- how gorgeous!!

Val-- I can imagine-- but then I picture mature plants housed in a cache urn standing regally in bloom in some amazing setting that isn't my house, and I get excited and think THERE MUST BE MOAR.

o

Nice looking plant snailprincess! Great gift!

Oh, no...it'll be Easter cactus collecting time soon...LOL! I thought I got one for a deal at Lowes...under $2 but it's a type of orchid cactus...shucks, didn't look at it that close. I just saw the smooth segments.

o

I would like to point out that Snailprincess is an awesome name.

Hong-- could it in fact have been something like Rhipsalis pachyptera or R. eliptica?

o

Camellia, that sounds cool, whatever it is. If you start a new discussion with a pic & 'they' will suggest what it could be.

o

Yes, you're right Julianna - Rhipsalis eliptica is what it looks like

o

I found a nice orange TC at a grocery store in VT this weekend! It was the last orange one...lots of reds, whites and pinks.

o

Yay Laura! It's like a scavenger or treasure hunt lol.

o

I found a nice orange TC at a grocery store in VT this weekend! It was the last orange one...lots of reds, whites and pinks.

o

Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 16:26

Julianna - I agree it is like a treasure hunt. I get so excited whenever I find something different but then I want to buy it and then I wonder where I am going to put it. It is probably a good thing they cannot go outside all year long or I would want to buy them all. I did go quite crazy with iris.

o

They had some at our local safeway for $2.50 for a 4inch pot, I never did make it to the store to see what colors they had. Then they have some that are a 9inch from Debi Lilly company that are $25!! I'm thinking it's the packaging and company name that hiked the price up. I got a yellow one from them last year for $2.50 :-)
Went through WM the other day and saw nothing but poinsettias and Norfolk Island Pines

o

Congrats to all that have found some!!! Very pretty colors everyone.

Crenda, Nice white and salmon color. in the same pot..

Snailprincess that's a really nice and full plant...

Laura, very happy you found an orange!!

o

This orange [I think ;)] jumped in my cart at Wally world.
 photo 023_zpse3bed004.jpg
 photo 024_zpscfb04c7c.jpg

I jusrt Love ALL of them LOL , and would have one in every color....if only there was Room LOL

o

Very cool! Does it have a name?

o

I found this at Kroger tonight while out grocery shopping. It is larger than the red one I found earlier!

o

Oh wow-- very cool!

o

Does anybody know where can I buy them from in the UK? Thanks! :)

o

Wow! Very nice! My Kroger only had the small ones. That's where I bought the small yellow one.

o

Teisa, wow!! Now I can see why some are more expensive, they're HUGE! That's bigger than plants I've had for over a year.

o

Posted by julianna 7bAR (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 18:24

Very cool! Does it have a name?

No, Sorry, its just a no id TC. :)

o

Awww, thanks Beetle! I figured :)

Diana-- I'll check around :)

o

Thank you Julianna!

o

Diana-- on some of the fb groups, I saw some UKers mention this:

cactusshop.co.uk

:)

o

Congrats Beetle and Teisa!!

Teisa that's a HUGE one!!

Here's a couple of mine I've had since last year...they were given to me. They are both reddish and reddish orange...

o

This one has pink and red on the same pot...

o

Very pretty!

o

Thanks Julianna!!

Here's one of my yellow blooms from my TC that's in "intensive care" I'm glad it decided to bloom even though its not doing so well right now :o(

o

OMG I love it so much!!

o

Gorgeous yellow Nancy!

How is your 2 toned cuttings doing?

o

Sun, Dec 8, 13 at 20:15

Puglvr1 - I love your yellow! I hope it makes a strong recovery.

o

Thanks for the nice comments...I would be sad to see this one not make it. Keeping fingers crossed!

Camelia, are you asking about my TC "CRISTEN 'aurea"?

If that's what you're asking about...its doing well...seems to be rooted. Right now all the reddish and yellow growths have turned to light green/yellowish. Just one tiny little new pinkish/reddish growth...I really like this variety mainly for the difference in color from the rest of my other Holiday Cactus...

o

Yes, I think they started calling it 2 toned on here...LOL!

Looks Beautiful! I'm so glad it is doing well for you. So nice and healthy!

What was your mix for cuttings? I couldn't remember and couldn't find your post.

Josh, helped me with the mix for TC...5:1:1

o

Thanks Camellia...my mix is very similar to the one you used (5:1:1)... Orchid bark (very small pieces), perlite and a sprinkle of potting soil. Seems to work great for rooting CC's and TC's...thanks to Josh's suggestion as well :o)

o

So nice Pug!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you too...Sorry about the yellow one...I think it will come around with your care:-)

MIke

o

Was at L's yesterday trying to buy wood-crafting tools they don't even sell (go figure!) and the few TC's left were on clearance. The $10 were $5 and the $3 plants were .50. Although there were several bigger ones with white, very white flowers, even I couldn't rationalize such a purchase with the present-budget. So I got 7 little .50 ones with the lightest colored buds. For $3.50, worth waiting for a year to see what they open to, assuming all of these buds will fall off as I'm expecting. I also picked up all of the broken pieces from the floor & stuck them in the tray. A few look promising, and total mysteries regarding flower color.

Now, where in the world am I going to put these things? I'm pretty sure I'll be cutting more/bigger holes in the sides of hanging baskets & sticking them in those. Seriously no room for any more pots!

o

Thanks Mike! I'm going to need some extra luck :o)

Purple, .50 cents?!?! You're so lucky, my store is not doing any clearance on them yet...Great bargains!! You can always pot them all in one pot and see what color they bloom next year...one pot is much easier to deal with,lol...

o

So awesome, Purple!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here