Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stapelia WANTED!!!!!!

Posted by flower.baby Oregon (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 14:46

Hi everyone :) I'm new to this site and ive just started collecting houseplants this year.
I'm a 21 year old mom of a 2 year old girl.
my grandmother is the one who got me interested in house plants.
She always had her living room filled with plants, and the ones that really stuck out at to me Were her huge Hoya, her giant Christmas cactus, her red orchid cactus, and a stapelia.. I have large "starts" from each of her Old plants, but her stapelia died a few years ago. I really want one to add to my collection!! I've searched at lowes, home depot, wal mart, Fred
Meyer, the grange co op, and every other plant nursery in our valley for the past year and I've never seen one. I even had my mom check at the nurseries around where she lies in california, and she's never seen one either.
Anyone have one that that are willing to sell, trade, or give away?

I have to trade: red orchid cactus cuttings, pink orchid cactus cuttings, white night blooming cereus cuttings, pregnant onion start, curly spider "bonnie" start, dragon fruit seeds, white Christmas cactus cutting, and salmon/coral chrisas cactus cutting.

I really want a stapelia or dogtail or rat tail cactus.
Or any other rare house plants. Thanks!
-Amber

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stapelia WANTED!!!!!!

Flower.baby,

Your best bet is to go to the exchange forums and repost your message. There are some people on THIS forum who get testy over such requests, even though most of us are willing to help. Also, please check some of the online sellers such as Miles2go, Arid Lands and Shoal Creek Succulents....at least one of them will have stapelias....so many that you may have trouble deciding which to get first!

Nancy

o

Thanks brodyjames, still trying to learn all the different forums on this site. I will go re post it over there :)

o

And further to what Nancy educated us with, Miles also provides descriptions of the smells of his Asclepiads, rather vivid stuff.

o

LOL! He sure does! :-)
I was window shopping the other night. Can't buy till spring but have a huge wish list!
I have to agree he has a huge selection! Probably the best i've seen!

JoJo

o

Not much interested in a trade per se but you can contact me, Amber, and we will see if there is anything we can do.

:)

o

Paul, I sent you a message but not sure if I did it right. I just went to your page and clicked "send an Email"

o

Any collectors in Australia?

o

Hi, Are your christmas cactus named?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here