Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robyn_green73

Help with Echeveria 'Black prince'

robyn_green
9 years ago

Hey there!

I'm pretty new with succulents and I'm attempting to grow them on my balcony. I bought a couple back in April and they were in separate pots. One was labeled Kalanchoe hybrid "Pink Butterflies" and the other Echeveria "Black Prince". I put them on a plant stand that was up against my window where they got indirect light. Last month we decided to move the plant stand so that the plants on it would get more sun. (It's now up against the railing). In this spot they get about 4 - 4.5 hours - from 7am 'til around 11am. It's east facing but I'm in an apt. building.

We also repotted them into a long planter for them to share because they're both pretty small. I included a photo so you can see what I mean. They seemed to be doing fine. Then I got up this morning and the Black Prince looked like the color was fading and when I went outside to get a closer look, I realized that some of the leaves were broken off. Or coming off. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or what. It doesn't seem right to me. I removed the leaves that were already separated and my husband was telling me to stop, but he doesn't know any better than I do about these plants! Also, in general, the plant itself looks like it has spread out more.
I'm in southeast TX and the last few nights it's been in the lower 50s, upper 40s. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Should I have brought them inside?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments (4)