Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pleasingly Plump Pink Pup

Posted by kaktuskris 6 NH (barharbor75@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 17:47

Just looking at my 'Pink Blush' Aloe today, and noticed a pup forming...A nice surprise!

Christopher

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pleasingly Plump Pink Pup

Awwww! What a nice surprise!
Pink Blush is one of my favorites!

JoJo

o

Thanks, JoJo.

By the way, haven't seen you around for a while, welcome back!

Christopher

o

Christopher,

The silhouette is positively Hitchcockian. And that's just how mine is set up for growth (also with the recently added pup) so it may be true what they say about what think alike.

o

Nice plant. Not to intrude on your thread, but do you or anyone think my NOID Aloe might be the same? I know many of these hybrids look similar and I may never know its name. It definitely pups freely, in fact, I have six pups that I've removed and have growing.

o

bikerdoc,
I don't think you have a Pink Blush. The teeth are to orange. It may be Marcos.
JoJo

o

Niiiiiice!!

o

Niiiiiice!!

o

Congrats, Christopher! Such a nifty looking aloe.

o

What a pleasant surprise Chris! Very exciting. It must be very happy in your care!

Great job and thank you for sharing. Very nifty. Love the colors.

Mike

o

Thanks for the positive comments, and a special thanks to you, Mike! I really like this one. Love the irregular teeth, and that it gets more pink the more sun it gets.

Jeff, now that you mention it, those shadows DO look rather sinister!

Christopher

o

They do pink up NICE with sun! I just love this one. I think I still have 3.

o

I also like the fact that this one stays small. My little A. hemmingii is not so little anymore.

Christopher

o

I like the smaller ones too! I have one Kelly Griffin that is getting a little larger than I would like, but its still small compared to some. It's Neon lights. RFG seems to be staying small.. and Silver Ridge gets a little on the bigger size. I have one other that is small and clumping nice cant remember the name at the moment though. lol.. Dapple green maybe.

JoJo

o

JoJo:

I have 'Dapple Green' as well, it stays small and sends out pups, but I love this 'Pink Blush' for the texture and the colour of the leaves...

Christopher

o

Hi Christopher,

Yes, Kelly's hybrids do have great texture! I love them! A little later, I will get some pics of neon lights to show you. If you'd like, I will have a pup or two to send you in the spring. :-)

Dapple Green has a nice soothing soft color, and even though pups like crazy, stays small. I had a great one similar called 'White Stag' but had is the key word. lol..

Pink Blush will always be my favorite. It amazes me how it can go from pale green to bright pink in a few days. (mine don't get much sun in winter)

I tell people I have pink birds and pink cactus and get some funny looks. lol. ;-) I really do have pink birds!

JoJo

o

Hi Christopher,

Yes, Kelly's hybrids do have great texture! I love them! A little later, I will get some pics of neon lights to show you. If you'd like, I will have a pup or two to send you in the spring. :-)

Dapple Green has a nice soothing soft color, and even though pups like crazy, stays small. I had a great one similar called 'White Stag' but had is the key word. lol..

Pink Blush will always be my favorite. It amazes me how it can go from pale green to bright pink in a few days. (mine don't get much sun in winter)

I tell people I have pink birds and pink cactus and get some funny looks. lol. ;-) I really do have pink birds!

JoJo

o

Hi JoJo:

Yes, I do like to see how the 'Pink Blush' goes from pink to green just by putting in a sunny location. I even get some pink keeping it in a south facing window. Would love to see pics of your 'Neon Lights," and thanks for the offer, sounds like another nice little Aloe.

Pink birds? What kind? In Florida I saw the Roseate Spoonbill, with some lovely pink, quite lovely to see.

Christopher

o

Resurrecting this thread to post what I hope is a "Before" photo of a pink blush aloe. I've been looking for that aloe hybrid with the very vibrant red edge, but when I came across this little dude at HD, I had to bring it home. The HD nearest me is quite horrible for both their selection and care of their succulents, so I was surprised to stumble across anything worth saving.

Though it looks a little rough, I think the new digs and some time in the sun will really work miracles. Not to mention, there are five pups underneath the two main plants in this little 4" pot. I hope to return by the end of the summer with a much more prettified plant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here